A post with a link to a forbidden source has been removed:

16. The Bangkok Post and the Pattaya Mail do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on ASEAN NOW. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Pattaya Mail publications will be deleted from the forum. These restrictions are put in place by the above publications, not by ASEAN NOW. In rare cases, forum administrators or the news team may use these sources under special permission.

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

Flew in on 30th and was given one. the Emirates dolly knew nothing about the scrap. IO at Swampy said that I must still keep the stub in my passport. 

I know the things were officially scrapped on July 1, but are people still being asked for Thailand Pass/Insurance/PCR at check in?

Edited by stubuzz

7 minutes ago, stubuzz said:

I know the things were officially scrapped on July 1, but are people still being asked for Thailand Pass/Insurance/PCR at check in?

I take it you mean Check-In at the foreign departure airport flying INTO Thailand.

I departed BKK earlier this week (for the UK), and was handed a TM6 to fill in (I have PR so do it the other way round like a Thai national does, out then in).

Also I asked about registering to use the e-gates (as I have previously) and the immigration officer said that no one can use the e-gates now. 

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Haddo said:

I departed BKK earlier this week (for the UK), and was handed a TM6 to fill in (I have PR so do it the other way round like a Thai national does, out then in).

Also I asked about registering to use the e-gates (as I have previously) and the immigration officer said that no one can use the e-gates now. 

Thank you 

I understand your situation and it seems totally unnecessary having to complete a TM6 when the same process was scrapped for Thais.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bluemoon58 said:

Personally, if you are living here on an extension of stay, I would ensure I have one. Without one, it could create all sorts of problems at immigration when go for your extension renewal. 

So would I - but the PM announced on 15th June that the TM6 would be ' temporarily scrapped '.....I am simply trying to establish what is happening on the ground.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Indeed.

But PR holders are not Thai.

You would have to show me where I said they were.

The poster that said " like a Thai national does", should have said "like a Thai national did".

3 minutes ago, sandyf said:

You would have to show me where I said they were.

The poster that said " like a Thai national does", should have said "like a Thai national did".

I didn't say you did.

I was highlighting the irrelevance of your post as the thread is about the CURRENT +supposed( scrapping of the TM6.

7 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

So would I - but the PM announced on 15th June that the TM6 would be ' temporarily scrapped '.....I am simply trying to establish what is happening on the ground.

You shouldn't believe what you read in the media. The word "scrapped" implies a finite end. What they meant was "suspended", as supported by the word "temporarily".

At the time that was published there was no fixed timeframe for implementation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hotandsticky said:

I didn't say you did.

I was highlighting the irrelevance of your post as the thread is about the CURRENT +supposed( scrapping of the TM6.

I was responding to another poster, you stuck your nose in with an irrelevant comment.

8 minutes ago, sandyf said:

I was responding to another poster, you stuck your nose in with an irrelevant comment.

As a PR holder he would already know that.

YOUR comment was irrelevant to MY thread. So, unless you actually have  personal knowledge of what is happening NOW with TM6 cards please refrain from posting.

2 hours ago, Haddo said:

1. Thai nationals stopped doing tm6 few years ago 

2. E-gates not being used since COVID I think.

I guess they'll start using then again after the request for vaccination\COVID tests removed. On my last entry in June documents were checked before immigration and passport was stamped as evidence. I assume the io checked the medical stamp before he added the entry stamp.

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

There have been few similar threads.

I'm amazed.

If the airline hands you a tm6 or they are handed out in immigration queue then fill it in.

If the io accepts it and hands you back the departure section then take it.

Job done. Who cares. 

I care.

I actually prepare mine ahead of a return journey and would be very happy if that was no longer necessary.

I think that, along with 90 day reporting, TM6 cards are a waste of everybody’s time.

‘’scrapping” them, temporarily , is what was announced. I haven’t seen any evidence of that happening.

• Thanks 1

Flew in on the 30th as well.   Turkish Airlines handed them out, IO required them along with passport, and boarding pass (Thai Pass and insurance verified at the long desk before Immigration).

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, transam said:

If you are given one, use it, if not, I would ask about it, just in case....????

Good point because they may well be suspended for a brief time then reintroduced, if you happened to enter the country during the brief time they were suspended then you could get some grief at annual visa renewal time. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

I don't see how they would replace it, as it is still used to gather information upon arrival and when extending a visa at Immigration. Plus, the stub in your passport, even though you already have a chop there...

So unless they catch up with the world, just relying on electronic information and, perhaps, the chop in the passport, they won't be able to replace it. 

We are all in their PC system, somewhere.....????

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, transam said:

We are all in their PC system, somewhere.....????

Yes, of course we are, which makes it seem even more useless, esp. if, when you go to Chaengwattana Immigration, you can find copies of other people's passports and visas on papers you have to sign. Well, but at least they make a good effort when it comes to paper recycling, and the inlaws a floor below cash in making those copies... ????

Edited by StayinThailand2much