Income verification letter for Canadians

I'm making the move to Thailand soon and am curious about the process of obtaining the letter from our embassy and how to use it in the application for a Non O.  I've downloaded an income verification letter from my pension provider; must I submit it to the Canadian embassy in person?   

My plan is to enter on a 30 day exemption and begin the Non O process immediately. Is the 30 days long enough to get through the entire process?  How does the 65k/month method work on a person's first Non O application?

Thank you for any and all assistance.  I've visited Thailand many times and stayed for periods of up to 3 months. This will be my first open ended stay, a dream I've had for 16 years.

You need to take your income verification letter to the embassy in person.

I did for years when I was working, using a letter from our accountant with a statement of total yearly income

You have swear to the officer that the information is correct and then you get a letter from the embassy that has your income amount and it's got a embassy letterhead and a stamp on it.

Forget the cost, I didn't use this method for the last 3 or 4 years

I switched to 800,000 Baht in the bank method,

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, kwonitoy said:

You need to take your income verification letter to the embassy in person.

I did for years when I was working, using a letter from our accountant with a statement of total yearly income

You have swear to the officer that the information is correct and then you get a letter from the embassy that has your income amount and it's got a embassy letterhead and a stamp on it.

Forget the cost, I didn't use this method for the last 3 or 4 years

I switched to 800,000 Baht in the bank method,

Yes, they still do income verification. Find attached the form that they make you fill out at the embassy.

Affidavit confirms pension other income 1.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, EricTh said:

The US and UK no longer issue income letters to their citizens?

Is Canada still doing that?

The US, UK and AUS no longer issue income letters. Canada and all other countries do.

I just received my letter from the Canadian Embassy several weeks ago and the entire application process is completed and then emailed to the Embassy. No need for a notary. Then several days later, the letter was sent via EMS to my home. Very easy.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Headgame said:

I just received my letter from the Canadian Embassy several weeks ago and the entire application process is completed and then emailed to the Embassy. No need for a notary. Then several days later, the letter was sent via EMS to my home. Very easy.

Thanks, this is good to know.  A friend of mine used to make the annual trek to Bangkok for his income verification letter.