What are the latest requirement to enter Thailand by air?

Is every requirement regarding entry to Thailand by air (for ASEAN) back to pre-covid time?

I had 2x sinovac vaccines and vaccine card issued by hospital in Bangkok last year 2021. I dont know if it is still valid to enter the airport without having to show 48-hour pre-test PCR result as per today?

Do i still need to apply for normal 30-day tourist visa from embassy?

Thanks

Info for entry requirements follow.

367030.jpg

Your 2 does of vaccine will be accepted.

A tourist visa you apply for at a embassy or consulate allows a 60 day stay that can be extended for 30 days.

You can enter without a visa and get a 30 day visa exempt entry that can be extended for 30 days.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Info for entry requirements follow.

367030.jpg

Your 2 does of vaccine will be accepted.

A tourist visa you apply for at a embassy or consulate allows a 60 day stay that can be extended for 30 days.

You can enter without a visa and get a 30 day visa exempt entry that can be extended for 30 days.

I can't make out the url of that website. Is it a Thai government site? Also would like to know if booster shots are required for those over 60 yrs. of age. I read that a Malaysian woman was denied entry because she did not have a booster.

19 minutes ago, mohinga said:

I can't make out the url of that website. Is it a Thai government site? Also would like to know if booster shots are required for those over 60 yrs. of age. I read that a Malaysian woman was denied entry because she did not have a booster.

Boosters are not required (but are a good idea). This page provides the details on vaccination requirements:

https://www.tatnews.org/2022/06/covid-19-vaccine-guide-for-travellers-to-thailand/

Your record of two vaccinations inside Thailand will be acceptable.

22 minutes ago, mohinga said:

This from the bottom of the image (click the image to enlarge it). image.png.c21ce908a5caab6bf48cfdf10bfe3ff7.png 

Thailand does not require booster shots for entry to the country at this time.

• Like 1

Sorry to pop up in this thread but is there any limit of entries on visa exempt by air?

I used to have 1 year multi non O based on my Thai child before but the last one expired during Covid period.

I am working in Vietnam now and coming back very often to Thailand since the travel become easier. I usually come now back to Thailand every 2 weeks for a long weekend. Only by plane as they are direct HCM-Phuket now. 

I have not been asked anything yet by the immigration. Only 2 times they can see on their system that i used to have a Non O visa and said they can't find a new visa on my passport now. And i believe they see all the visa exempt stamps already.

I won't mind to apply for a proper visa but i don't have much time and the visa section of the Thai consulate in HCM is only by appointment now and i understood they are not issuing multi entry visa. I could of course apply for a single Non O (I am over 50) but i would need enough time in Thailand to get the 1 year extension with multi entries re-entry...

Any advise?

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

This from the bottom of the image (click the image to enlarge it). image.png.c21ce908a5caab6bf48cfdf10bfe3ff7.png 

Thailand does not require booster shots for entry to the country at this time.

Each country has a different standard of what is considered vaccinated. If you are going to Malaysia 3 doses is considered vaccinated.  Most other countries in the world two doses is considered vaccinated.

1 hour ago, jphasia said:

I usually come now back to Thailand every 2 weeks for a long weekend. Only by plane as they are direct HCM-Phuket now.

With your travel pattern, only staying a weekend, you should not have an issue.

Having said that the oil and gas workers were (not all) using visa exempt entry.

Perfect for one month in one out.

Immigration started to suggest they should have marriage extensions if married. 

Similarly it may be suggested to you are some point. 

Can't imagine refused entry.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

With your travel pattern, only staying a weekend, you should not have an issue.

Having said that the oil and gas workers were (not all) using visa exempt entry.

Perfect for one month in one out.

Immigration started to suggest they should have marriage extensions if married. 

Similarly it may be suggested to you are some point. 

Can't imagine refused entry.

Thanks. I also think so but better hear another source.

I will do a visa whenever i can anyway. My best option is retirement visa as i am over 50 and have the financial riquerement. My son is 23 years old now so might be to complicated. I am divorced.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, gregk0543 said:

Each country has a different standard of what is considered vaccinated. If you are going to Malaysia 3 doses is considered vaccinated.  Most other countries in the world two doses is considered vaccinated.

The topic is about entry to Thailand. I assume most people would check to see what is required to enter the country they are traveling to.

Malaysia does have some stringent requirements for entry.

image.png.31ded89e5ae6bccd9a8103a302c18c49.png

Source after clicking on Malaysia on the map here. https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/world.php

25 minutes ago, The ball tamperer said:

There was talk of the visa-exempt period being extended from 30 to 45 days. Did I dream this?

No more info has come out about it. Just a proposal that has not been acted upon.