Thai government announces 19th extension of Emergency Decree, effective until September

webfact

15 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Yes sir, Prayut using a pogo stick cane and using two minders to walk him, with Prawit in a motorized all step climbing mobility scooter,

They. As in: others like them.

1 minute ago, zzaa09 said:

They. As in: others like them.

As in this Governments leaders.....you want to include others be my guest but I am only speaking about this government trying to stay pertinent for their 20 year roadmap which still has another 12 years to go.  12 years to pillage the country for its wealth to fill their pockets.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lucky Bones said:

The Decree is now a part of Thailand.

The junta will cling to it.

The main effect of the coup and subsequent junta was in undermining the political system (such as it was) and the rule of law to such an extent that it has set this country back decades.

But but Thaksin eh? ????‍♂️

11 hours ago, RandiRona said:

Show me one who was surprised? Emergency decree is here to stay forever just like million billion strains of Covid!!

Yup. Emergency Decree won't be goin' anywhere soon.

It is the juntas staple against students and falangs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Lucky Bones said:

Yup. Emergency Decree won't be goin' anywhere soon.

It is the juntas staple against students and falangs.

Against Falangs, pray tell.....please elaborate on this nice piece of information.  Many will be interested to know how it is a staple against foreigners.....

1 hour ago, shackleton said:

Can't get to worked up about it 

Will not change my daily routine here 

You get used to things not changing / happening here Government wise its the norm

"Just getting used to it" might apply to tourists or other temporary visitors but for those of us here more permanently and pay taxes that ain't gonna cut it, sorry. 

8 hours ago, Millcx said:

George Orwell 1984 or just an extension of Joe Stalin and the KGB .. Take your pick “;0)

Me thinks the handle that is fitted in the backs of this bunch of clockwork numb nuts is supplied fitted and controlled by China.

No surprise at all!

Why don't they just make an announcement saying "until further notice"?

I think it's because they like to:-

(a) Think that the populace believe that they are carefully considering the facts before they announce another extension.

(b) Think that the populace believe that it's nothing to do with staying in power and keeping protests off the streets and to an absolute minimum.

As was reported a few months ago, Prayut allegedly said "I'm here to stay - I'm not going anywhere!"

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hotchilli said:

The country is fully open, the health service is capable of dealing with any situation.

The 2 month extension is the military regimes way of dealing with others.

This has nothing to do with Covid anymore.

Indeed. As all such emergency decrees have been directed. 

It's all about protection of particular entities, suppressing any countering factors and keeping the continuous flow of rebel rousers in check.........as it's been for a few generations. 

COVID is not even used as a conduit for the usual measures, returning to the good old fashioned authoritarian state -

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sambum said:

No surprise at all!

Why don't they just make an announcement saying "until further notice"?

I think it's because they like to:-

(a) Think that the populace believe that they are carefully considering the facts before they announce another extension.

(b) Think that the populace believe that it's nothing to do with staying in power and keeping protests off the streets and to an absolute minimum.

As was reported a few months ago, Prayut allegedly said "I'm here to stay - I'm not going anywhere!"

Can not Lose Face with bad  comment.