Thailand Post upgrades delivery service to 24 hours

webfact

image.jpeg

Picture: INN

INN reported that Thailand Post were upgrading their delivery service to 24 hours a day.

Customers will no longer have to leave their homes. 

General manager Dr Danin Suphatraphan noted that online shopping had developed enormously in Thailand which was good for the economy and retailers. 

So Thailand Post was upgrading its Pick-Up Service to 24 hours for the convenience of customers and sellers alike. 

This is what you'd expect from a national enterprise promoting e-commerce, he noted. 

Full details can be found by phoning 02 982 8222. 

It's a pilot project from the main depot at Chaeng Wattana servicing Laksi, Pak Kret and Ram Inthra areas. People can register for the service at Line@Thailandpost.

This came a day after Thai media reported that Thailand Post were raising charges on certain letters and parcels for the first time in 18 years. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-07-09

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

2 minutes ago, webfact said:

Customers will no longer have to leave their homes. 

I hope they are referring to a pick up service here!

BTW do I really want to sign for a delivery, or have a pick up, at 3AM?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I live central Pattaya, the only deliveries I receive are from couriers, 3/4 letters/goods have never been delivered sent with Thai Post one last week from Bangkok. There must a huge warehouse with undelivered mail, i some times think if the address is in English they don’t understand it.

• Haha 1

I don’t know that around-the-clock delivery is really what the market wants..  IF that is really their plan.

What I’d think might be more — consumer friendly - is extending delivery times to later evening hours, when people are home (from home/school) and can receive parcels.  I’d also push more weekend deliveries - again, when people might

be home.  I also think that leveraging tech as far as improved scanning/tracking abilities combined with the end users ability to do things like customize their chosen delivery time or alternate address..

Id also go for “date/time” guaranteed… that way businesses can offer their customers a guaranteed delivery date versus a range of “between 1-3 days” and couple that with either expanded evening or weekend delivery windows- that to me would seem to be what the B2C market might want, and pay for.

The Thai Post already had a big advantage on that they already have a massive nationwide network built-out .. be that brick-mortal post offices or their regional processing centers.. so the basic infrastructure I suspect is already largely in place… i just think they’ve got to do more with what they’ve got and leverage the tech that’s already in use.

• Like 2

On 7/9/2022 at 1:39 PM, ikke1959 said:

If you ever will get your parcel/letter because it takes a very long time......always

I've never had a problem with Thai Post.  2-3 day delivery anywhere in Thailand with tracking.

Maybe I've just been lucky.

Years ago it was abysmal but now they have to compete with Kerry, Jet, etc.,

That is the greatest thing about competition. Usually better service and lower prices.  

Big problem with two families owning Tesco's, 7/11, Macro's, BigC.

On 7/9/2022 at 1:39 PM, ikke1959 said:

If you ever will get your parcel/letter because it takes a very long time......always

There's quite a bit of postal bashing going on here and I simply don't understand it. Maybe I've just been lucky, but the post office delivers at least twice a day, 7 days a week to my home. Additionally I've never sent anything that wasn't delivered as promised and nothing is extremely delayed coming to me. I think the Thai Post Office does and exceptionally good job.

38 minutes ago, paulbrow said:

There's quite a bit of postal bashing going on here and I simply don't understand it. Maybe I've just been lucky, but the post office delivers at least twice a day, 7 days a week to my home. Additionally I've never sent anything that wasn't delivered as promised and nothing is extremely delayed coming to me. I think the Thai Post Office does and exceptionally good job.

My post is not delivered to my home but further on in the street... I have a big stone carved adress on my wall so it should not be too difficult.. Mail from abroad I don't get it many times, I get mail from other people from abroad many times, and if I send my mail abroad I have to do registered otherwise it is not arriving.. I complained many times, but it goes on.... last time last week a tax letter... Happily the people from the neighbourhood brought it to me, but even my passport, was not delivered but delivered to the head of the village, and when I complained where my passport was at the embassy they could tell me that. So we went to the head of the village and het had my passport already for a week in his house.. and he lives a few hundred yards away and knows us very well...