You know how those little jobs ....

TheMysteriousMrTesla

One of my three 27" monitors developed a vertical stripe which grew and grew until I finally had to get a new one.

I have a 3 monitor "tree" which has had 3 identical Samsung monitors, ideally the replacement would be of the same model. 

Unfortunately that monitor is no longer available, so I got the nearest modern version, again from Samsung.

Went to swap the monitors, two cables and 4 screws on the Vesa mount, easy peasy, yes?

Then I find that the Vesa mount on the new monitor is nowhere near the same distance from the bottom edge of the screen as the existing ones leading to that monitor being "somewhat" out of line. "Somewhat" being around 2 whole inches, the tree does have some adjustment but nothing like that.

So I had to make an adaptor plate from 1mm FR-4 (PCB material) which happened to be in stock.

Eight holes and 4 screws later the job is done and everything lines up.

No great hassle just a pain that I didn't need.

• Like 1

Always something, isn't it...?

Friend built a huge house on Koh Chang. Spec'd French doors everywhere, total of 18 doors.

Builder bought them at Global House.

Builder hung them. Took him over a week.

But, apparently the Thai door manufacturer is not concerned about what takes place after their doors leave the factory. Someone else's problem.

Then the builder started to install the locksets, oh my....

No one had noticed that the stiles were narrower than normal. Even a 2-3/8" backset caused the rosette to be greatly off center, almost encroaching on the glass.

Took them all out and gave them away.

70k baht waste.

TIT.

• Like 1