Questions re using tethering from phone and tab to get PC connection

homeseeker

I am not very knowledgeable re internet issues, so need some advice and excuse any stupid question!

I recently moved to a new place with "free wi-fi" so it was claimed.

I use the wi fi for my PC, tab and mobile phone.

For various reasons the wi fi  where i now stay is not good and even when its available -which ain't often -the connection is poor.

However:

I have found I can get a strong internet connection by using tethering from both my Galaxy phone and from  my android  tablet (both 4G) onto my PC.

By the way I pay the maximum amount on my phone and tab to have unlimited 4g.

My questions are:

i) these connections(phone and Tab) are wi fi connections, right?

ii) Is there anything that the phone and Tablet tethering connections cannot be done on the PC compared with if I had a traditional wi fi connection?

iii) I assume I can get unlimited usage on my PC by using the tetherings mentioned above?

iv) I am asking TOT to see if they can install wi fi which i will pay for...is that necessary?

v) Anything else I should know?

Many thx in advance.

Edited by homeseeker

On 7/11/2022 at 10:55 AM, homeseeker said:

I am not very knowledgeable re internet issues, so need some advice and excuse any stupid question!

I recently moved to a new place with "free wi-fi" so it was claimed.

I use the wi fi for my PC, tab and mobile phone.

For various reasons the wi fi  where i now stay is not good and even when its available -which ain't often -the connection is poor.

However:

I have found I can get a strong internet connection by using tethering from both my Galaxy phone and from  my android  tablet (both 4G) onto my PC.

By the way I pay the maximum amount on my phone and tab to have unlimited 4g.

My questions are:

i) these connections(phone and Tab) are wi fi connections, right?

ii) Is there anything that the phone and Tablet tethering connections cannot be done on the PC compared with if I had a traditional wi fi connection?

iii) I assume I can get unlimited usage on my PC by using the tetherings mentioned above?

iv) I am asking TOT to see if they can install wi fi which i will pay for...is that necessary?

v) Anything else I should know?

Many thx in advance.

One thing you should know it that you are paying waay too much, if you are paying "the maximum amount". 

30 Mbps connections are available for 235 baht per month with AIS.

You can buy a 4G router, from around 1400 baht if you don't want to deplete the batteries on the expensive devices.

• Like 1