Second time renewal of my retirement visa yesterday morning at Udon Thani

I have used Udon immigration and never had problem ,i  go to Siam commercial get one year bank statement (800000 bahts) deposit a thousand bahts into my pass book so that it is up dated .i not understand when you say getting another bank statement to gaurantee your pass book .?

• Confused 1

And in yet another variation, at CW I:

- never supply a bank statement,

- never make a deposit (fixed account, only shows quarterly interest posting),

- always provide the book, and copies of all pages,

- always provide a bank letter, obtained the day before for 100 baht, verifying the account opening date and current balance (called an account balance certificate in Thai).  Takes about 10 minutes at Kasikorn Bank.

--Retiree

• Like 1

2 hours ago, harry94 said:

I have used Udon immigration and never had problem ,i  go to Siam commercial get one year bank statement (800000 bahts) deposit a thousand bahts into my pass book so that it is up dated .i not understand when you say getting another bank statement to gaurantee your pass book .?

Udon immigration requirements are for a bank letter confirming you are the holder of the account + statement/s covering the period for your EXTENSION cost for each document certified by the bank  is ฿100 this is the standard requirement.  @Chipkili did not get renewal of a visa as visas are never renewed or extended, he got an extension of stay. 

If you @harry94 have not needed both of these two documents then you have been lucky everyone else who has posted about Udon immigration has needed them.

Edited by sometimewoodworker

Ok i understand i have been renewing for eleven years at Udon Thani , yes i stand corrected i do get a bank statement for a year and a letter as well when i come to think of it . my mistake to be honest i just go to Siam commercial and pay two hundred baht up date my pass book and just hand over documents to immigration .udon have always been no problem . It has been so straight forward and hassle free and i never really thought about it . Some times woodworker thank you yes i should be paying more attention .

• Like 1

I also find Udon IO good-- if you can update your book every month it helps a lot, I passed last time without a bank statement-- just a letter---she looked down the 12 months in the book (I had highlighted them) and saw there was always over the amount needed--(I know you only need 3 months)

just that now there is so many people going there.

When I first came to Udon Thani asked about IO , just blank stares ..& Mai Mee,  we dont have enough farangs to have immigration office.

• Like 1

@sometimewoodworker
you're right!

@natway09
sticker is not the correct term: a sheet of paper, containing due date of next 90-days notice to immigration

@alex8912
family book is not the correct term: it should read house book

Sorry for my inappropriate writing!

On 7/12/2022 at 9:55 AM, Chipkili said:

Went to Bangkok Bank Branch, they handed out (after four days processing period) the statement of my account, covering last 12 months (I am on 800k THB),

May I suggest you change banks, The bank of  Ayudhya aka yellow bank will pay 1.1% interest and this year i got my letter and statement in just 10 min.