Bloodwork and HIV medication insurance

Everyman

So I don’t know diddly squat about health insurance. I do not have a Thai employer.

But i am looking for insurance to cover my blood work and HIV treatment medication. 

Is this something i can buy? Will it be cheaper than just paying out of pocket as I have been? Will i have to get my tests and medication somewhere in particular if i do this?

Thanks 

Assuming you are in TH.  Pre-exist HIV customer wouldn't exactly be the best for any insurance company  Or would the rate that they would quote you for coverage.  They're certainly not going to offer a policy for cost of, so what would be the point.

Most Thais go to the Red Cross HIV clinic in Bangkok, for meds & whatever.  Supposedly the least expensive.  Guessing your present employer supplied healthcare doesn't cover HIV ?

• Like 1

If you have existing problem HIV.... then a new insurance wont usually cover.  For medication Everyman--there is nowhere cheaper then a Goverment hospital , you dont have to be treated there--just go see the Doctor once tell him this is what you need and get up to 4 months of it. Phone your nearest Gov Hospital...Or better get a Thai friend to and ask the price of the medication your taking. 

insurance would exclude pre-existing.

blood tests also won't be covered - I understand they are for hiv.

Red cross has also branches in provincial towns, they are not only in bkk.

As to the governmental hospitals - take prescription and check prices at very large pharmacies. Even if they don't have in stock, they can order for you. 

15 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

If you have existing problem HIV.... then a new insurance wont usually cover.  For medication Everyman--there is nowhere cheaper then a Goverment hospital , you dont have to be treated there--just go see the Doctor once tell him this is what you need and get up to 4 months of it. Phone your nearest Gov Hospital...Or better get a Thai friend to and ask the price of the medication your taking. 

Up to 6 months on HIV meds now. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Assuming you are in TH.  Pre-exist HIV customer wouldn't exactly be the best for any insurance company  Or would the rate that they would quote you for coverage.  They're certainly not going to offer a policy for cost of, so what would be the point.

Most Thais go to the Red Cross HIV clinic in Bangkok, for meds & whatever.  Supposedly the least expensive.  Guessing your present employer supplied healthcare doesn't cover HIV ?

I am considered self employed. 

21 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Although as I recently discovered with my Thai niece, the Red Cross HIV clinic will only sell medication against a doctor's prescription.  

• Like 2