Bring medicine to Thailand

Captor

I wonder if I can bring medicine (Nebido 1000 mg/4 ml) to Thailand for maybe 6 months use? I have a doctors certificate for the medicine. I know that I only are supposed to bring for 30 days of use but if I have a doctors certificate that I need that since a cancer treatment?

Thanks,

As @ezzra said make sure you have the doctors prescription and keep the injection pens in the same packaging if possible,  If not lace them in a Ziplock and cut the front of the box out to show what the pens are.  I did this with my insulin pens I returned with in February, brought in 9 months worth as my insurance re-imburses my meds in the US, while if I buy them here they do not.....good travels.

The rule (for non-narcotics) used to be 3 month supply (90 days) but it has recently changed to 30 days, I don't know why.

In practice it has, to date, not been strictly enforced and they don't usually count out doses as long as it looks consistent with personal use.

15 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

As @ezzra said make sure you have the doctors prescription and keep the injection pens in the same packaging if possible,  If not lace them in a Ziplock and cut the front of the box out to show what the pens are.  I did this with my insulin pens I returned with in February, brought in 9 months worth as my insurance re-imburses my meds in the US, while if I buy them here they do not.....good travels.

There are no pens just the ampules. I need to find a clinic where they have needles and can give me the injections. Should that be a problem? They are very expensive in Thailand so I want to bring some If possible. Maybe 3 ampules for the first 9 months. After that I need do find a doctor who can give me more prescriptions (if needed) and also check my health concerning this.

ampule.jpg

13 hours ago, Sheryl said:

The rule (for non-narcotics) used to be 3 month supply (90 days) but it has recently changed to 30 days, I don't know why.

In practice it has, to date, not been strictly enforced and they don't usually count out doses as long as it looks consistent with personal use.

Thanks, all. Is there need for legalization about the hospital certificate? And maybe prescription too?

Just in case to show when arriving Thailand? I have emailed Food and Drug association for asking about this but not got any reply.

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

I don't know what you mean by "legalization".   Have a prescription to show, or have the medication in labelled prescription containers.

I mean the certificates I have got from my doctor stating the history and treatment. Send them to foreign office and Thai embassy for assure the are real and not something I made up. The prescription I have anyway.

When I brought a pack of Lexotane (Benzodiazepine) into Thailand a long time ago and proceeded through the red channel with a doctors prescription, the youngsters in charge of control were totally happy to see a sticker with my name on the pack - this somehow convinced them that it was for me regardless of the prescription and expicit letter of my family doctor. Just telling that this might be advantageous.

Nowadays Lexotane is not allowed in to Thailand anymore and also not available at hospitals, although I consider it to be the best medicine in this category. A VERY long time time ago it was available even OTC and small pharmacies had very big glasses containing thousands of 3mg tablets sitting on the counter.

31 minutes ago, moogradod said:

When I brought a pack of Lexotane (Benzodiazepine) into Thailand a long time ago and proceeded through the red channel with a doctors prescription, the youngsters in charge of control were totally happy to see a sticker with my name on the pack - this somehow convinced them that it was for me regardless of the prescription and expicit letter of my family doctor. Just telling that this might be advantageous.

Nowadays Lexotane is not allowed in to Thailand anymore and also not available at hospitals, although I consider it to be the best medicine in this category. A VERY long time time ago it was available even OTC and small pharmacies had very big glasses containing thousands of 3mg tablets sitting on the counter.

You think I should go in red channel and show it all? Or just go on green and show prescription if asked for? I was planning for the latter but that is maybe better go through the red? 

6 minutes ago, Captor said:

You think I should go in red channel and show it all? Or just go on green and show prescription if asked for? I was planning for the latter but that is maybe better go through the red? 

Green. If anyone even bothers to look at your bags they'll be looking for booze/cigarettes/sex toys. 

9 minutes ago, grain said:

Green. If anyone even bothers to look at your bags they'll be looking for booze/cigarettes/sex toys. 

Thanks. Yes that was my intention too and just have the papers in case any questions arise.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Captor said:

From my point of view impossible to tell. You know only AFTER you have done it. My post was about the detail that they might like to see an official sticker with your name and birthday on it regardless of where you pass through. Just my experience.

2 hours ago, Captor said:

I mean the certificates I have got from my doctor stating the history and treatment. Send them to foreign office and Thai embassy for assure the are real and not something I made up. The prescription I have anyway.

There is no need to send then anywhere. (And Thai Enbassy will have no idea what it is for). Just have prescription with you

31 minutes ago, moogradod said:

From my point of view impossible to tell. You know only AFTER you have done it. My post was about the detail that they might like to see an official sticker with your name and birthday on it regardless of where you pass through. Just my experience.

OK, I understand. Yes there is a sticker on the box that contains the ampul. So should be OK. Thanks for answering,

1 hour ago, Captor said:

Green and I  unlikely event you are stopped show the prescription if asked.