【Thailand Elite Visa】You can get TAX ID super very easily(2022)

People in thailand elite visa can get a TAX ID super very easily.
I got it in just 10 minutes. At the revenue, there is a form written in Thai, but the staff will fill it for you. All you need to bring is your passport, Thailand Elite Visa, and a certification letter from your Elite Visa. You will be asked the reason for the acquisition, so you can say that it is necessary to open a bank account. That's it.

What can you do with Tax ID?

・Digital Nomad  such as a Youtuber, online teacher, information product, affiliate can file a final tax return in Thailand for foreign source income.
・You can also file a final tax return in Thailand for capital gains obtained from investments such as FX and Cryptocurrency like Bitcoin.

tax id.jpg

It surely is just a tax id. I have one. It doesn't give you permission to breach your visa's condition to not carry out work. Unless I'm mistaken, the Elite Visa in all its forms forbids work, right?

• Like 1

Strictly speaking, we, Elite Visa holders cannot work in Thailand with a Thailand Elite Visa, however, Digital Nomad can work by remote. This is Grey Zone and It has been discussed for many years. The current answer is that immigration has no interest in us, so we can file a tax return in Thailand. Because we can live for more than 180 days and are resident of Thailand.

5 hours ago, Gaccha said:

It surely is just a tax id. I have one. It doesn't give you permission to breach your visa's condition to not carry out work. Unless I'm mistaken, the Elite Visa in all its forms forbids work, right?

only wrong if you get caught. TIT.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/15/2022 at 6:00 PM, Neeranam said:

Very noble of you volunteering to pay tax here! 

I am Japanese. Japan and Thailand have a tax treaty. I am a member of Thailand Elite Visa and can live in Thailand for more than 180 days. From now on, if I live more than 180 days, I will have to pay taxes. Thailand has a worldwide tax system. In other words, for example, if I develop software online for Japanese customers through Nomad, it will be Thailand's foreign source income. If I bring it to Thailand, I have to pay tax in Thailand. Now, the people who has a Thailand Elite Visa CANNOT work here, however, this is a GRAY ZONE controversy. Anway, we, Thailand Elite Visa people MUST pay tax in thailand because of the World Wide Taxation System.

On 7/15/2022 at 6:28 PM, KIngsofisaan said:

Why in the world would you volunteer to pay Thai tax on foreign earned income?

If you live here, Thailand over "180 days," you MUST pay a foreign source income. If you pay tax in your country, I think it's no problem in that case. But if you don't wanna pay tax in your country, you MUST pay it in Thailand.
In which country should you pay the tax? You had better choose a country with "cheaper taxes." I am Japanese and Japan is the country with the highest taxes in the world. So, I want to pay tax in Thailand.

4 hours ago, THAI DEGITAL NOMAD said:

If you live here, Thailand over "180 days," you MUST pay a foreign source income. If you pay tax in your country, I think it's no problem in that case. But if you don't wanna pay tax in your country, you MUST pay it in Thailand.
In which country should you pay the tax? You had better choose a country with "cheaper taxes." I am Japanese and Japan is the country with the highest taxes in the world. So, I want to pay tax in Thailand.

And how in the world does Thailand know you are working and how much you are earning?