Retirement Extension at Jomtien - Change from 800k to Monthly Income or Combination methods

Next June I am considering changing the basis of my retirement extension as above.

Is there anything I need to be aware of.

(a few years ago when I changed from income to 800k in the bank the IO checked that I had 12 monthly transfers, "to ensure compliance with the previous basis of approval")

To change to the income option you would have to prove that you kept the 800k baht for the 3 months after you applied for your current then and then 400k baht for the rest of the year.

The immigration officer that wanted proof you has transferred your income was wrong when he did it. There is no requirement to do the transfers unless you are using the income option.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

To change to the income option you would have to prove that you kept the 800k baht for the 3 months after you applied for your current then and then 400k baht for the rest of the year.

The immigration officer that wanted proof you has transferred your income was wrong when he did it. There is no requirement to do the transfers unless you are using the income option.

Thank you.

I have an appointment in early September to re-show the 800K. After that it looks like I will have the option to take down the balance (but make sure I start to transfer 65k pm presumably?)