Praise from Saudi tourists for Thailand's tourist police after lost bag is located

webfact

40 minutes ago, webfact said:

Thailand's name was mud with Saudis following the infamous "Blue Diamond" affair.

and probably still is with many educated Saudi's .....  

as for the bag  ....  I'd be checking the contents asap .... TIT 

Edited by steven100
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

You have never been on a plane leaving Saudi?

Once the pilot announcement that they are out of Saudi airspace it’s a rush for the toilets to ditch the sheets and get out the western clothing .

As long it is not a Saudi based airline then the Beer and Wine can flow and I mean flow.  I was on flights where as soon as the plane is in international airspace the men change into t-shirts, jeans and start drinking.  On a five hour flight to BKK at best I would have two beers for some of my fellow Arab Passengers two beers was just a warm up.  Before the pandemic some Middle East carriers had 3 flight a day to BKK.  The ‘good old days” of flights from the Middle East might be back? 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Once the pilot announcement that they are out of Saudi airspace it’s a rush for the toilets to ditch the sheets and get out the western clothing .

Now that I find funny

Praised for the Saudi government who now allowed Israeli airlines fly over Saudi airspace thus shaving hours of flight time to destinations in the far east, just thought i mentioned it...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

and to bring the drinks trolley around!!

I too am intrigued by young Saudi women apparently traveling alone... never used to be seen and they  even had to seek permission to get on a plane (from a father or brother IIRC). Are things changing....?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Yes that's true, plus the pressing of the bell (bing bong) so to order alcohol. Hypocrisy of the highest order.

20 hours ago, webfact said:

"The staff is very kind and professional - we are very thankful - Bangkok is very lucky to have such an incredible and friendly team we will visit again because of them.

I'm filling up... BRB

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, musicscene said:

Why wait until contacted by police?

In case they didn't.  It's one of those tourist stories invented by TAT to justify their existence.  RTP are having a bad press period so out comes the feel good tales.

• Like 1

On 7/18/2022 at 8:20 AM, webfact said:

It had gone missing in a taxi ride between the airport and the tourists' hotel and the police managed to trace the driver.

It had gone missing ??? how strange a bag just goes missing yep I think it was lucky they 'managed' to find the driver.

18 hours ago, RafPinto said:

Are they really Saudis?

Look at their clothes and the hair of the one with the luggage.
The other ones no luggage?
How can a "hand-luggage " go missing.
Showing the V?

Made up story.

Well I was surprised they are allowed off out of the country to take a holiday as they control the young females' very strictly there. But I assure you, under the abaya and face scarves, they are quite human. Many are well educated......

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1