Grand Palace welcomes new attractions, stirs interests in history

webfact

image.jpeg

Recently discovered under the ground, several ancient sculptures are now adding to the attractions of the already splendid Grand Palace. They have drawn public attention not just for their looks but also for their charming and interesting historical background.

Upon hearing about the new decorations around the Grand Palace last week, tourists flocked to see the centuries-old stone sculptures. Since then, those visitors have been flooding social media feeds with photos of the fascinating sculptures.

“I went to Wat Phra Kaew (Temple of the Emerald Buddha inside the Grand Palace) and saw about a hundred new ‘stone dolls’ set up all around the temple. I asked the staff and learned that they have been restored by the Fine Arts Department. They are not replicas but they had been buried for hundreds of years,” said academic Arnond Sakworawich on his Facebook page where he posted the photos.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/grand-palace-welcomes-new-attractions-stirs-interests-in-history/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-07-19

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

4 minutes ago, JoePai said:

More Chinese tat

Note they say "recently discovered under the ground"  I'm sure if these really were recently discovered buried antiquities the media would have already been primed to publicise the fact.  I think your statement is possibly correct although Thais can make as much tat as the Chinese don't forget.