Awaiting Approval [Marriage Extension]

Dear All,

When applying to renew a Marriage Extension is it possible to ask for an extended 'approval date'?

I appreciate this is a long time off but I have to do planning well in advance financially.  I need to be in the UK on February 14th 2023 as my granddaughter [7 years] is in her very first professional stage dance show.  My current marriage extension expires on 17th March.   I would like to fly to the UK on 13th February as I want it to be a total surprise for her.  I would then like to stay 3 - 4 weeks in the UK before returning.

I appreciate I could [probably] apply for the new extension before leaving but am concerned about returning and the 'approval date'.

Apologies for asking so early but a trip like this for me does require a deal of planning.

Thank you for reading this.

It appears you would have time to apply for your extension after returning from your trip.  The under 30 day consideration period starts from the day you apply and allows you to stay in the country until your extension is approved.

Just be sure you have a re-entry permit to use when returning.

17/3/2023 is a Friday. If you stay away for four weeks, you will get back Tuesday 14/3/2023. That should be just enough time to get everything done, provided there are no hiccups getting bank letters. If you run out of time, you can apply for a 60-day "visit Thai family" extension. That requires all the same paperwork except that no financial data needs to be provided.

• Like 1