Savannakhet SETV OA-Retirement extension to W30 Jul 19 2022

Journeyed to Savannakhet Laos the day before my permission to stay expired, via minivan.

Got stamped out of Thailand with the officer warning I was out of visa and should hit up the consulate.

Got a Lao visa on arrival, $40USD, paid in baht the equivalent - seemed to be correct amount based on current exchange rate.

Then hit up the farmer's market for a few items, drove around, etc.

Stamped out of Laos no issues.

On the Thai side of the river was asked if I had a visa, said no, was sent to the other side of the road, was handed a TM6 to fill out (!!).

Then back to the main booth, handed in passport + TM6.

I thought maybe I had won a somtam door prize or something based on the mad pounding/stamping which ensued.

Yep, the Thai folks who had arrived in the meantime were not amused...

But all in, no issues or surprises - except the TM6. Has the W30 stamp on it and stapled in my passport mostly covering the expiring 'stay' stamp.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, FrequentStops said:

But all in, no issues or surprises - except the TM6.

Passed through at Nong Khai last Sunday and filled a TM6 before even asking (like all others around, had to lend my pen :smile:).

Good to know that they inquired you to fill out.

So there is no permanent "abolishing" of TM6.

That's in line with the news about it.

Temporary suspended to ease handling at the airports.

Edited by KhunBENQ

I cannot figure out what your post is trying to say, except that you did not appear to enter Thailand with either a Single Entry Tourist Visa, or a re-entry permit associated with an extension of stay from original entry with a Non O-A visa.

I am guessing that you are saying that you entered Thailand without a visa or re-entry permit yesterday and, being from a country whose nationals are entitled to visa exempt entry, were given the normal 30-day permission to stay. If this is what you mean, it is no difference from the experience of thousands of other foreigners every day, and does not seem to warrant a special topic in this forum.

• Like 2