Season required for initial Non-O retirement visa

On another forum I read that some IO in Pattaya is insisting on 2 month seasoning on 800,000 b for the initial non O retirement visa. Can someone please confirm that this is not the case at CW ?  I will be using my FX dollar account and will be a week shy of 2 months. 

Just a quick question for UJ as regards applying for a new Non o....Do I need an updated letter from the bank on day of application.

I have been on retirement extensions for 12 years now (Money in bank) but the renewal date doe's not suit thus I am going to Laos to get a 30 (just prior to expiry) day entry and then apply for a non o and then back to retirement extension about 30 days prior to expiry of the 3 month non o.

Many thanks in advance for your answer.

4 minutes ago, marcus111 said:

Just a quick question for UJ as regards applying for a new Non o....Do I need an updated letter from the bank on day of application.

That would depend upon the office where you apply for the visa. Most offices would accept one done the day before if your bank book is update on the day you apply.

1 hour ago, Searat7 said:

On another forum I read that some IO in Pattaya is insisting on 2 month seasoning on 800,000 b for the initial non O retirement visa

I read that also.

The immigration officer was wrong. 

You will not have that issue at CW. 

The 800k in account on day of application for your non O is all that required. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Leonard Desharnais said:

Last October I applied for my Non O visa in Jomtien and they refused me because I was 1 week shy of 2 months in my bank. They made me get another 30 days on my TR6o then I was able to get the non O

Money does not have to be in the bank for 2 months.

Only on the day you apply.

I suspect you were applying for an extension and not a visa.

35 minutes ago, Leonard Desharnais said:

Last October I applied for my Non O visa in Jomtien and they refused me because I was 1 week shy of 2 months in my bank. They made me get another 30 days on my TR6o then I was able to get the non O

Jomtien has stated the 800k baht has to be in the bank for 2 months before to apply for a non-o visa for retirement.

It was a scam to get people to use an agent.

• Like 1