Fame across borders: Primary school girl riding to school on an elephant wows Japan

webfact

15 hours ago, ezzra said:

Cute girl on even cuter pachyderm and good heart's worming article, the kind i like to read about Thailand every now and than..

so was this 1 trained in the normal barbaric way as the rest of are domesticated pacyderm friends are  in this country. 

It does seem a rather exotic way top get to School , quite romantic as well .

But her home is about 500 meters from her School and she could easily walk from home to School .

What does the Elephant do whilst she is in school ?

Nice story, but its probably all just for show and not a regular daily occurrence 

I saw the video very cute. When she first mounts the elephant it actually assists her to get up with it's trunk makes sure she doesn't fall. It then picks up the riding crop and passes it to her. When they leave the compound it opens the sliding gate. It doesn't seem badly treated more like a family companion. I agree though that if the school is only 500 yards away then it is probably a publicity stunt since she could easily walk to school. Even knowing that, it brought a smile to my face

• Like 1

I saw the video very cute. When she first mounts the elephant it actually assists her to get up with it's trunk makes sure she doesn't fall. It then picks up the riding crop and passes it to her. When they leave the compound it opens the sliding gate. It doesn't seem badly treated more like a family companion. I agree though that if the school is only 500 yards away then it is probably a publicity stunt since she could easily walk to school. Even knowing that, it brought a smile to my face