Auto painting

SammyJ

Does anyone have any favorable experience in having their vehicle painted?  I'm not looking for the absolute

best paint job but have an older vehicle that I'd like to "spruce up" a bit with a new paint job, but don't want 

to spend too much to get it done--if that is even possible?

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

Hi, im in nonthaburi area.

i painted my car (ford focus, moon silver color) to a place which was suggested by a friend of mine. I never painted a car before but i tried to found out what things i should be aware and the most common thing was people keep saying it wont be the same color for sure because nothing can be as the factory paint. And i will see the difference and it will make me annoy. 

Well, i went to this place. waited for 10 days (paint and some scratches like that). I had mostly sun burn. YOU CANNOT BELIEVE the job they did and for a really reasonable price. I have 1 car detail expert and even he thought i painted it at ford factory. They did a great job and i highly recommend them. And when my friend tested the paint with some kind of instrument the reading were great almost original paint quality. 

If you are interested direct message me. 

Edited by problemfarang
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, problemfarang said:

Hi, im in nonthaburi area.

i painted my car (ford focus, moon silver color) to a place which was suggested by a friend of mine. I never painted a car before but i tried to found out what things i should be aware and the most common thing was people keep saying it wont be the same color for sure because nothing can be as the factory paint. And i will see the difference and it will make me annoy. 

Well, i went to this place. waited for 10 days (paint and some scratches like that). I had mostly sun burn. YOU CANNOT BELIEVE the job they did and for a really reasonable price. I have 1 car detail expert and even he thought i painted it at ford factory. They did a great job and i highly recommend them. And when my friend tested the paint with some kind of instrument the reading were great almost original paint quality. 

If you are interested direct message me. 

Sounds great, but I am in Chiang Mai--and i think posted in that local forum, but i should have made more clear in my original post--thanks for the suggestion, wish i could try them.

I tried to get a Thai 'chang' to do it but he applied so much putty (see poh) that I got rid of him and ended up doing it myself. The problem here is that to cover a small bump or dent they over apply bundo and within 3-5 years your bundo --> putty ends up peeling off. Thais really have no skills in this trade. My ex-wife had her truck painted at the best shop in the province and it peeled off in less than 2 years. Good luck, your going to need it. Just make sure you tell them to go lightly with the putty no matter who you choose.

10 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

I tried to get a Thai 'chang' to do it but he applied so much putty (see poh) that I got rid of him and ended up doing it myself. The problem here is that to cover a small bump or dent they over apply bundo and within 3-5 years your bundo --> putty ends up peeling off. Thais really have no skills in this trade. My ex-wife had her truck painted at the best shop in the province and it peeled off in less than 2 years. Good luck, your going to need it. Just make sure you tell them to go lightly with the putty no matter who you choose.

sorry wrong reply

Edited by problemfarang

11 hours ago, SammyJ said:

Sounds great, but I am in Chiang Mai--and i think posted in that local forum, but i should have made more clear in my original post--thanks for the suggestion, wish i could try them.

ohh. im so sorry. i was just looking at the latest posts. so didnt see the section it is in. sorry again