Meeting the Financial Requirements for a Retirement Visa

I am looking at moving to Thailand and while reading the financial requirements on the Thai Embassy.com page there are 3 options . My question is about the last option .  If one has say a pension that provides , for example , 500,00 THB / year  in your home country , representing annual income , then are you only required to have a Thai Bank acc with a regular balance of 300,000 ? 

Financial Requirements are as follows:

• Thai Bank Account showing THB 800,000 or
  • Monthly income of at least THB 65,000 (income affidavit from your embassy in Bangkok) or
  • Combination (Bank Account + Annual Income = THB 800,000)

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Be aware that is not a official website and it can have some out of date or incorrect info on it. This is on the bottom its home page. image.png.075e655c8a1ae4624cd6d314ea34912b.png

Oh i didn't see that little caveat at the bottom . I am from one of those countries and i do remember now seeing some info about them not providing the POI any more . So the simple option looks like #1 . #3 looks much more complicated and risky  . Thanks.

4 minutes ago, carvets said:

So the simple option looks like #1 . #3 looks much more complicated and risky

#1 is simple and bullet proof.

Some folk simply lock away 800k and keep it in dedicated bank account.

#3 some immigration offices do not accept combination method. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, carvets said:

I am looking at moving to Thailand and while reading the financial requirements on the Thai Embassy.com page there are 3 options

You talk about moving to Thailand,  so you will require a visa. The requirements you posted relate to a visa extension.

You will need to meet the financial requirements required for the visa you choose.