Verification on first 90 day report, bank letters, and proof of funds.

After reading another post about a bank verification letter for a retirement extension, I’m even more confused, so I thought I would start this separate post to help clarify my questions.

I am located in the Provence of SiSaket.

I am using the 800K in the bank method for proof of funds for my retirement extension.

I did my first retirement extension showing my BKK Bank book and a verification letter from the BKK Bank branch where I opened my account.

I will need to do my first 90 day report in Sept.

In my passport is an attached notice stating;

“Upon approval, the deposited money must remain in the bank account for a period of 3 months, not less than 800,000 baht. Then, you must show the deposit account again on 17 SEP 2022”.

So, firstly, I assume I cannot go into immigration a few days (week) early to do the 90 day report since it states a specific date (17 SEPT 2022)?

For the proof of funds in the account I’ll need;

A copy of my bankbook updated on the day I do the 90 day report.

A standard, signed, ‘proof’ verification letter from the bank that states the funds are in my account, also done on the day I do the 90 day report.

A “12 month” (3 month) bank statement which comes from BKK Bank in BKK verifying the funds have not dropped below the 800K during the 3 month period before the 90 day report.

Also, since there is the requirement to have the funds not drop below the 800K/400K threshold during the periods before and after future extensions, will I forever more need a 12 month statement that comes from BKK Bank in Bangkok for every extension? Or will the standard proof of funds verification letter from my bank branch, along with my bankbook updated on the day of the extension be sufficient to show the required funds are in my account and that they have not dropped below the required limits?

Thanks.

Edited by srowndedbyh2o
edit wording

You will not need to show financial proof to do your 90 day report. Just a completed TM47 form and your passport.

A few odd offices may want a copy of your updated bank book to prove the 800k baht has been in the bank for 3 months.

I think the notice your passport is to be sure you are aware of the requirements that you need to meet for your next extension of stay application.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

I think the notice your passport is to be sure you are aware of the requirements that you need to meet for your next extension of stay application.

Thanks ubonJoe. That makes sense.

I’ll go ahead and update my bank book the day I go in to do the report since the notice does say “…you must show the deposit account again on 17 SEP 2022”

Also, do you think it will be OK to go in a few days early to do the report (my first report)? I hate waiting until the last minute and I always try and get things done early if at all possible. Just in case there are any issues.

5 minutes ago, srowndedbyh2o said:

Also, do you think it will be OK to go in a few days early to do the report (my first report)? I hate waiting until the last minute and I always try and get things done early if at all possible. Just in case there are any issues.

A few days early should not be a problem.

You have 7 days from the report date (including the report date) to do the report. September 17th is on a Saturday.

• Thanks 1