UK Multi entry 2 year visa - Change of UK format and requirements.

My partner had a two year UK visa multi entry and we traveled there in 2018.

Obviously with Covid19 it became impossible to travel.The visa expired in 2020.

I was online today applying for a new one. They seemed to have changed the format and the requirements. She has had 5 visas previously. It is asking us to upload documents, provide proof of relationship etc.

Of course we have all this information but would prefer to hand it all in with a nice neat file to Trendy buildings, as opposed to uploading. I don't like that method and that's it.

Is there a way of making an appointment and handing the documents in to Trendy buildings as opposed to uploading documents?

I feel much happier doing that even though it means flying from Isaan to Bangkok. I am at the payment link stage now and don't want to finish it until I have checked out this option.

Edited by Scouse123
correction

12 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Of course we have all this information but would prefer to hand it all in with a nice neat file to Trendy buildings, as opposed to uploading. I don't like that method and that's it.

Is there a way of making an appointment and handing the documents in to Trendy buildings as opposed to uploading documents?

Yes the applicant can take your supporting evidence to the Visa Application Centre and pay a small fee for VFS to upload them If you decided not to self-upload your documents onto the UK platform.

Not sure that a nice neat file is going to make a lot of difference, VFS say they will help with preparing, sorting and arranging your supporting documents and documents will be arranged using the required barcode separators. 

Whatever they decide the applicant still needs to visit the Application Centre to have their biometric details cuptured.

https://visa.vfsglobal.com/tha/en/gbr/premium-services

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, theoldgit said:

Yes the applicant can take your supporting evidence to the Visa Application Centre and pay a small fee for VFS to upload them If you decided not to self-upload your documents onto the UK platform.

Not sure that a nice neat file is going to make a lot of difference, VFS say they will help with preparing, sorting and arranging your supporting documents and documents will be arranged using the required barcode separators. 

Whatever they decide the applicant still needs to visit the Application Centre to have their biometric details cuptured.

https://visa.vfsglobal.com/tha/en/gbr/premium-services

Thank you,

One last question. It's asking for an invitation letter from somebody who has permission to stay in the UK.

We will be staying at my house and I am a UK born national but reside in Thailand.

Can I do the invitation letter or should I get my son to do one from the UK?

That seems a bit silly, but their rules I suppose.

You mention it's going to the UK platform, does that mean to the UK Embassy for approval? Because aren't the VFS just intermediaries that ensure all documentation is correct?

Edited by Scouse123

5 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

Not sure what you actually mean by that?

You can do a short covering letter outlining the reason for the visit, and details of the finances, if you and your partner are in a subsisting relationship here in Thailand detail that as her reason to return.

If you are staying with your son, then a brief note outlining would be helpful.

6 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

Thank you,

One last question. It's asking for an invitation letter from somebody who has permission to stay in the UK.

We will be staying at my house and I am a UK born national but reside in Thailand.

That seems a bit silly, but their rules I suppose.

You mention it's going to the UK platform, does that mean to the UK Embassy for approval? Because aren't the VFS just intermediaries that ensure all documentation is correct?

You have not been invited, your partner (remember this is HER application)is staying at your house  -  your sponsor letter will make that clear.

Invitation letters are appropriate where, for example, the applicant will be staying with a family member. ..Example, a friend lives with his mother. His wife's visa application needs an invitation letter from the mother-in-law.

A fancy folder will serve no purpose; everything is done online and VfS simply take out your partner's papers and scan them to India.