Ed visa to B visa

7 hours ago, sandysp said:

I am on ed visa extension, so it is possible to convert to B visa (work permit)?

You cannot change non immigrant visa categories without leaving the country.

You could change reason for your extension of stay from attending a school to one for working or teaching but the problem is getting a work permit application accepted to get a work permit application approval letter needed to apply for the extension.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You cannot change non immigrant visa categories without leaving the country.

You could change reason for your extension of stay from attending a school to one for working or teaching but the problem is getting a work permit application accepted to get a work permit application approval letter needed to apply for the extension.

If the University is ready to give the letter, is it difficult to get?

14 minutes ago, sandysp said:

If the University is ready to give the letter, is it difficult to get?

Yes but you still need documents from the ministry of education.

If teaching at a university it may be easier.

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes but you still need documents from the ministry of education.

If teaching at a university it may be easier.

Ok... If I manage to get it done, can my daughter who is on Non-Imm O visa extension also get her extension done?

9 minutes ago, sandysp said:

Ok... If I manage to get it done, can my daughter who is on Non-Imm O visa extension also get her extension done?

If she entered with a on-o visa she could apply for a extension for being a member of your family after you get your extension of stay based upon teaching.

Ok.. I am doing phd now and got offer to do post doc in another University. That University informed that I will have to change to Non imm B visa without leaving country, which left me confused.

10 minutes ago, sandysp said:

Ok.. I am doing phd now and got offer to do post doc in another University. That University informed that I will have to change to Non imm B visa without leaving country, which left me confused.

The problem is that many people mix up visas and extensions of stay. A visa is normally issued by a embassy or consulate and extensions are done at immigration. Immigration cannot change non immigrant visas categories.

The only way to get a non-b visa while in the country requires you to of entered the country visa exempt or a tourist visa.

17 minutes ago, sandysp said:

The problem is that many people mix up visas and extensions of stay. A visa is normally issued by a embassy or consulate and extensions are done at immigration. Immigration cannot change non immigrant visas categories.

The only way to get a non-b visa while in the country requires you to of entered the country visa exempt or a tourist visa.