Entering Thailand on expired Retirement visa

My Thai visa , Non-0 Retirement visa expired July 7th.  I would assume I would get a 30 day visa exempt on arrival ?  I do plan to renew it but not this trip. If needed, I have 2 US Passports and could use the one which doesn't have the expired visa. 

6 minutes ago, Jerno said:

How does one get two valid passports from the same country? Is that legal?

It is certainly legal.

Many countries will issue a 2nd passport if a person has a valid reason to apply for it. For example many people working outside their home get them due to needing a visa for other countries that would cause them to not have their passport while applying for it.

I've had co-workers who have two U.S. passports because they have to visit facilities in Malaysia and in Israel.  It's been several years, but my recollection is that the Malaysians will deny entry if they see an Israeli stamp in your passport. (Or was it the other way around?) 

On 7/27/2022 at 5:22 AM, Jerno said:

How does one get two valid passports from the same country? Is that legal?

At one point in my career, I had three separate passports from the same country.  

Tourist, government, and diplomatic.

I used to have two US passports as I did corporate work requiring a lot of intl. travel.  One was always being sent off to get a visa while I travelled with the other one.

Sometimes, two weren't enough due how slow some countries processed visas.