Not a Lazada scam, for sure

peterfranks

3 hours ago, FrederikKitten said:

Each chinesse seller on Lazada has like 10 different account with exact same stuff.

And if they make price mistake they won't send it to you, they will just cancel your order.

All the listings I started this thread about are from Thailand based sellers.

This is not a mistake, because if you look at the listing, it shows 230 baht down from 302 baht

4 hours ago, CharlieH said:

I found 28 instances of the same Ad. from a variety of sellers ALL of which had really poor % review/rating.

Those systems seem to be on offer from more reputable sellers anywhere up to 16k.

We all know the old addage " if looks too good to be true" etc.

Lazada couldnt careless !

16k would be the right price for this set.

The listing I linked to has a 100% seller rating, but no ratings for shipping or chat.

When you look at identical listings, they have good ratings for chat and shipping as well.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Myran said:

Because product ratings and seller ratings are separate.

Seller rating of 100%, insufficient data for ship on time and chat response. Zero ratings on product.

If you don't think that's suss, I have a bridge in Sydney I'd like to sell you.

• Haha 1

Remember you are not a Lazada customer. You are only using the Lazada platform for free. You are a customer of the seller who must pay a commission to Lazada for everything they sell. Lazada could not give a s***f about you because you do not pay Lazada, you pay the seller.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, peterfranks said:

Obviously I'm not going to place an order, and neither will I for the 300 baht Dahua camera, but I'm sure there will be dumbo's who do.

My point is that if Lazada respects their customers, they should have a system in place that automatically flags such listings.

The truth is that they don't care.

I have in the past reported some obvious scams, like for example a seller who has hundreds of positive reviews for a specific article, made by only a handful of "buyers". But although Lazada told me they would investigate, the same listing is still there months later.

This tells me that they, even when they are informed, they still don't care, which in return makes it obvious to me that they are involved in some way.

When you click on what you want in the options section the right price will come up, say 5000 baht or whatever, that's just a headline to get you to look, my wife always says this is cheap 50 baht or whatever for a product and I click on options and choose it , then you get the real price show up 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, wildpuppet72 said:

You can't even get the hdd for that price so listing would be wrong.

What's in the box are 8 Camerer's. added;  "cheap installation equipment is available."

Edited by brianthainess

21 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I'd be asking how there is a seller rating of 100%, when no buyers appear to have rated the product under the 1-5 star system.

The seller has other products. Its a seller rating, not a product rating.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, peterfranks said:

Obviously I'm not going to place an order, and neither will I for the 300 baht Dahua camera, but I'm sure there will be dumbo's who do.

I'd burn the insignificant 300 baht just to see what I got! ????

2 hours ago, anterian said:

caveat emptor

5 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

As long as the seller does not charge you 1000 baht for delivery, eh?

Delivery charges are not a mystery... I often order random weird stuff just to see... often they make great give-aways - sometimes because they are actually good products, sometimes for the comedic value.

22 hours ago, peterfranks said:

From 8 different sellers, all at that price.

I see another seller selling a Dahua camera, valued at 2800 baht everywhere, for 300 baht.

Lazada should have an algorithm in place that automatically flags unrealistic priced listings, otherwise they do not care about their customers.

They don't care about their customers anyway. I can't even get to make any orders even thought I have been a customer for many years at the same address, they want me to go through some security check which does not work I am just fed up trying.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sateuk said:

When you click on what you want in the options section the right price will come up, say 5000 baht or whatever, that's just a headline to get you to look, my wife always says this is cheap 50 baht or whatever for a product and I click on options and choose it , then you get the real price show up 

Please show me where you see any options to click in the listing.

image.png.5fbbd3b69fe1984c942477c876efcdfa.png

• Like 1

13 hours ago, possum1931 said:

They don't care about their customers anyway. I can't even get to make any orders even thought I have been a customer for many years at the same address, they want me to go through some security check which does not work I am just fed up trying.

I too have used them for years, yet recently every time I try to log on I get asked to verify my account with a one time code, sent by either email or sms. It always works, but it is annoying to have to do it, sometimes three times in a day.

Just out of interest, are you aware that when the security box comes up you have to click on "send" on the right of the number box. then they send you the code, and you enter it. Sorry in advance if you are aware of this.

There seems to be and increasing number of scams/cons from sellers on these shopping web sites.

I got caught once when I ordered a Razer mouse which was cheaper than it should have been. I received a cheap plastic keyboard and mouse worth a fraction of the Razer mouse. When I raised the issue with the shopping web site, the advice they gave was to go to the police and file a report and let the police sort out the fraud. I didn't think much of that idea and took the loss.

I would advise anyone to do what I now do which is to take a look at the sellers "shop". If there is nothing in that shop then I don't buy.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/28/2022 at 8:00 PM, fdsa said:

Lazada is owned by Alibaba/Aliexpress, hence they endorse the scammers.

I know of many products on their sites that are 20-30% cheaper than buying at The box stores. Diapers and dog food,baby milk for instance have saved me a lot of money. 

Any items I've had a problem with I've had no issues returning for a full refund.

Without these sites I'm certain the two families that own Big C, Tesco's, 7/11,and Makros would be even be more overpriced!

Edited by MrJ2U

On 7/28/2022 at 10:12 PM, worgeordie said:

Placed an order on Lazada for a bump head for Honda strimmer,

chose COD which was available , next day the seller canceled the

order, reason payment not made in timely manner ,.....must not

know what COD means.

regards worgeordie

some thing to do with FISH.......C O D !!!!!