Do I need to register to re-enter Thailand

Hope I can add this here, may be of help to OP also.

So I'm also soon doing a short trip to Oz.

Regarding the "proof" of vaccination.

Do I need obtain the "certificate" from my Morprom app or just screenshot my vaccination records on the app.

Also concerned what airline (Jetstar) may require. 

Ta. 

Edited by DrJack54

10 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Do I need obtain the "certificate" from my Morprom app or just screenshot my vaccination records on the app.

It might be best to apply for a international vaccination certificate on the Mor Prom app that is in English and Thai. It will be sent by email so you can print it out.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It might be best to apply for a international vaccination certificate on the Mor Prom app that is in English and Thai. It will be sent by email so you can print it out.

With me I don't use, nor want to use, their Mor Prom app, therefore for International travel what else could I use to prove that I've been vaccinated (had my 2 first shots + booster here in Bangkok). Haven't left Thailand since early 2020, but would hope to be able to get a holiday out soon.

28 minutes ago, GoRover said:

With me I don't use, nor want to use, their Mor Prom app, therefore for International travel what else could I use to prove that I've been vaccinated (had my 2 first shots + booster here in Bangkok). Haven't left Thailand since early 2020, but would hope to be able to get a holiday out soon.

You would not need the international vaccination certificate to enter Thailand. The one you have now would be accepted.

A problem could arise when traveling to other countries if your certificate is only in Thai or to board a flight to here.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Ta. 

International certificate might be good. But my thai Morprom is also in english and have QR code which is a direct link to the minister of health thailand  and again its in english. 

When i left thailand 3 or 4 months ago print of the screenshot of morprom was enough. On the thai site they didnt even checked it but they wanted to see before the immigration. 

Hope this info helps

31 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You would not need the international vaccination certificate to enter Thailand. The one you have now would be accepted.

A problem could arise when traveling to other countries if your certificate is only in Thai or to board a flight to here.

25 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

This is correct and important for travellers.

2 days ago came from NZ to Bangkok via HK.

Needed to show International vaccination Booklet at checkin in NZ and also again in Hongkong before boarding plane to BKK.

So although Bangkok doesn't require vaccination to be shown at arrival, it is definitely required for checkins at many airports...be careful, and research before flying.

When I got my Booster shot at Bangrak they gave me a 'Thailand Certificate of Covid 19 Vaccination' ; a paper version. It has a QR code and is in both Thai and English. I would assume this is not sufficient then and that I would need one of those International Vaccination booklets Couchpotato refers too. 

17 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

International certificate might be good. But my thai Morprom is also in english and have QR code which is a direct link to the minister of health thailand  and again its in english. 

When i left thailand 3 or 4 months ago print of the screenshot of morprom was enough. On the thai site they didnt even checked it but they wanted to see before the immigration. 

Hope this info helps

With the certificate I got from Bangrak Vaccination Center, it has a QR code too, which also takes me directly to the Ministry of Public Health website and shows the 3 vaccinations I received. Could this be printed out and used?

I arrived in Bangkok from the US last week via Doha. Traveling was the same as it was before Covid. I was not asked for my vaccination certificate at any point and there was no app or other site in which I needed to register or use. The only difference from pre-Covid travel is that the TM6 white card is no longer used. It was not distributed on the plane nor requested at immigration. 

Upon deplaning in Bangkok I went to the immigration counter with my passport and boarding pass (they want the boarding pass now perhaps in lieu of the TM6), picked up my bag, and left. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

How to get in English on this app? Please!

56 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Near the top of the first page you should have a choice of Thai (written in Thai) or EN for english. 

I have  download from Playstore but nobody see where to choose for English. Is another model of app somewhere?

10 minutes ago, RanongCat said:

I have  download from Playstore but nobody see where to choose for English. Is another model of app somewhere?

There is only one app. It has been some time since I registered for the Mor Prom app and had some help from my Grandaughter to get it setup.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There is only one app. It has been some time since I registered for the Mor Prom app and had some help from my Grandaughter to get it setup.

????  My wife and grandaughter both as confused as me after have watched a video that in English explain and show How to do !  But not ! Crazy making !

6 hours ago, GoRover said:

With the certificate I got from Bangrak Vaccination Center, it has a QR code too, which also takes me directly to the Ministry of Public Health website and shows the 3 vaccinations I received. Could this be printed out and used?

yes can you can print it. Also they can scan the QR if they want. For thai side all you need is to take a screenshot of your morpor app and print it. But again im not sure for OZ side. Tbh it should be enough

2 hours ago, RanongCat said:

????  My wife and grandaughter both as confused as me after have watched a video that in English explain and show How to do !  But not ! Crazy making !

Top right side of the App there is a bell sign or icon. languages are just under it. impossible you and your family cannot find or cannot see it. 

But you can see this page if you already have a username and a password.

23 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Ta. 

To enter Australia,

From July 6 2022, the way you travel to and from Australia has changed. All travellers should be aware that:

• People entering Australia do not need to provide evidence of vaccination status
  • People entering Australia do not need to complete the Digital Passenger Declaration or Maritime Travel Declaration
  • People leaving Australia will not be asked to provide evidence of their vaccination status
  • Unvaccinated visa holders do not need a travel exemption to travel to Australia
  • Masks are still required on flights travelling to Australia.

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/covid19/entering-and-leaving-australia

Edited by ozfarang
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

What did you show flying to NZ? Are Mor Prom or paper copies of vaccinations in Thailand accepted?

It was 3 months ago, but I used a paper copy of Morphrom International Certificate. I don't know what is required these days.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

@ozfarang thank you for excellent post.

Do you happen to know if the airlines have any quirky requirements.

I'm flying Jetstar. 

Sorry, can't help you on any particular requirements for Jetstar.

Enjoy your upcoming trip to OZ

• Like 1

I got my vaccine book and then travelled from BKK to Munich then to England (June and July 2022), then a month later returned via Austria (stayed in Vienna) then onto BKK. At no time was I ever asked for proof of vaccination or the vaccine passport.

Also when I flew Austrian Air to Vienna the public announcement before boarding the plane was wearing of masks on the flight was mandatory, I would guess 90% of the passengers did not wear masks during the flight and the air stewards did not wear them, the flight was full.

I still think it is worth carrying proof of vaccine just in case you are asked. The thing to worry more about is cancelled flights, delayed flights, lost luggage.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, GoRover said:

Just get the Thai vaccine passpot (yellow colour book) showing your jabs, cost is 50 bhat and the book is valid for one year

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/1/2022 at 5:41 PM, problemfarang said:

Top right side of the App there is a bell sign or icon. languages are just under it. impossible you and your family cannot find or cannot see it. 

But you can see this page if you already have a username and a password.

On download I get there is not this bell/icon.  I give  up .