Opinion: Nok Air keeping the passengers on a skid off plane for more than an hour was inexcusable

webfact

5 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

Guess we'll be boycotting Nok Air from here on in.

Well if you think higher pay or training will make a difference in an emergency, you'd be highly mistaken.

Case in point, sitting in FC on NWA flight, sipping my Mochito, service door just closed, armed.  2 gals in the galley, knock knock, caterer forgot to leave or take something.  FA gives ????, OK for caterer to open.   Other gals knows, and yell "it's armed" as she was a step behind her.  Door cracks open, and ???? gal, shrieks in terror & fear.  So professional, but luckily for the caterer, the other one grabs the door so he can't open it, and quickly disarms it, possibly saving his life.  Caterer realized what happen, and if looks could kill.

Look over to psgr sitting next me, we're both smiling on the way to a chuckle, and I said 'she'll be real helpful in a crash'  .... another Mochito please ????

In any emergency, do consider, you are on your own.  Know your closest exit.

So, Nok Air's "best practice" is to keep passengers locked up - without lights or air - until WHAT happens?

- They already knew the portable stairs couldn't be deployed, due to the ground conditions, and

- They couldn't be 100% certain there was no leaking jet fuel.

What was Nok Air hoping could or might happen during that hour wait ? ... before they broke their own best practice and let their passengers off (who were now complaining they couldn't beathe).

Edited by law ling

The airline seems to be strongly defending the evacuation procedures used during this runway excursion. That tells me something.

Very few successful aircraft incident investigations are conducted on this forum, or within in a few days.

I would expect that an independent investigation will detail all aspects of this incident and how the crew dealt with the situation after coming to rest somewhat adjacent to the runway.

In Nok Air's defense they chose not to spray paint the aircaft black.

130909165311-thai-plane-crash-no-logo.jpg

11 hours ago, law ling said:

So, Nok Air's "best practice" is to keep passengers locked up - without lights or air - until WHAT happens?

- They already knew the portable stairs couldn't be deployed, due to the ground conditions, and

- They couldn't be 100% certain there was no leaking jet fuel.

What was Nok Air hoping could or might happen during that hour wait ? ... before they broke their own best practice and let their passengers off (who were now complaining they couldn't beathe).

Surely as part of the original development of the design of the aircraft by the manufacturer and fitting it out there's some form of stairs/slides appropriate for any/all situations:

- Either deployed quickly from the aircraft itself by the cabin crew or the pilots, or

- Avaialble very quickly, ready to roll, and brought quickly to the scene and put in place by ground staff.

I find the suggestion that they couldn't get a slide or whatever into place because of the ground location to be just unbelieveable.