Hotel In Khorat

Rdrokit

Hello all,

Bazmlb, myself and the 2 misses are coming to Khorat for a vist (July, 7 & 8). We were thinking of staying at the Sima Thani Hotel. Is this a good hotel or is there a better one? Being we are traveling with the misses we need a plush hotel and one in town (so they can walk to shop). Thanks for the help.

rokit

You can't really walk to shop, but very central and a new concept small resort I stayed at recently is the Chayada Resort. www.chayadaresort.com

They have new bungalows and townhouses done to a very high standard and beats staying in one of the highrises to me any day if you have a car. It's close to the Mall and Big C. Also, due to its backyard location, it's very quiet to sleep at night. If two couples, you could each get your own bungalow for if I remember around 800 Baht. check the website for to be sure.

The Royal Princess Korat, is one of the nicest hotels, pound for pound, that I have stayed at in Thailand. The breakfast is fantastic, and there is a buffett dinner every evening which is super. Food wise and value wise.

Against. You need transport ( which I know you have) as it's a little way off the town center. It's about 1 km from the city wall.

I second the Royal Princess as the best place in town. Haven't been myself, but have info from friends who have. They still go there to eat.

I'll 3rd that if you want the nicest hotel experience in town. I usually stay there if on business. My Bungalow suggestion was for an alternative.

The Sima Thani is also a very nice hotel (somewhat "plush", as you put it). I like the location better than the Royal Princess. Shopping at "The Mall" is about 1Km+ from the Sima Thani, so it is within walking distance. There are always Tuk Tuks available in and around the Sima Thani area.

The Sima Thani is also a very nice hotel (somewhat "plush", as you put it). I like the location better than the Royal Princess. Shopping at "The Mall" is about 1Km+ from the Sima Thani, so it is within walking distance. There are always Tuk Tuks available in and around the Sima Thani area.

From a convenience point of view I would agree with Ken, the Sima Thani is closer to all the amenities. The Royal Princess is a very nice hotel though if you are up for the extra driving.

I have stayed twice at the Sima Thani and it was possible to obtain a discount price on one of the many travel web sites. I believe this hotel was originally a Sheraton. Our deluxe room was very large and the bed of good quality. It is about 3 minutes drive to the large Hospital and 4 minutes to "The Mall" in the morning. I have heard great reviews from Thais and Farang on the "Royal Princess" hotel, so location and price might play a role in your decision. While many breakfast buffets can be "weak" up Country, the breakfast buffet at the Sima Thani was very good for my Thai wife and my California cuisine tastes. I looked at a less expensive multi story hotel near Makro and the "deluxe" room was reminiscent of the "Prince" hotel in Bangkok.

• 2 weeks later...

I've stayed at the Royal Princess which is a good hotel but a bit far from town. I have tried to book the Sima Thani 2 times and it has been full both times so I stayed at the Rachapruk Grand last week which is not far from the town centre. It was only 1500 baht for a suite and it was good value for money. The have a lunch buffet for onlt 120 baht per person.

I've stayed at the Royal Princess which is a good hotel but a bit far from town. I have tried to book the Sima Thani 2 times and it has been full both times so I stayed at the Rachapruk Grand last week which is not far from the town centre. It was only 1500 baht for a suite and it was good value for money. The have a lunch buffet for onlt 120 baht per person.

Ah yes. Forgot about the Rachpruk. It does appear to be a nice hotel and located in the "right" area. Never stayed in the room, though others who have says it is quite nice. Great buffet's as noted above. :o

I rate the Royal Princess as one of the top three Hotels for Breakfast in Thailand. Even better than the Evergreen Laurel in BKK, which is my favourite hotel. Other good breakfast: Rembrandt, BKK, and if I remember rightly the Laithong in Ubon, served a good breakfast. Of course there a hundreds of Hotels that I have never visited, but I find it so hard to get a really good breakfast in Thailand hotels.