Apply to Thai Embassy London online for eVisa from Thailand. Can it be done?

Does this sound feasible? If I come to Thailand 30 day exempt extend 30 (soon to be 45 I am guessing), then leave for 30 days for Indonesia. During the time in Thailand apply online using a VPN to London Royal Thai Embassy for a 60 day eVisa. Upload the 4 documents they require (have these on laptop before I come out) Send payment from UK bank account. Receive 60 day eVisa by email. Print and use when I come back from Indonesia.
I'm thinking an eVisa has to be used within 3 month's so I cannot obtain before I leave the UK as I am away & using up 90 days.
Point is can I apply to London for an eVisa from by base in Thailand & present it as I re-enter from Indonesia. All done online, can use VPN, they are not going to know I'm in Thailand, sounds ok to me. Any experience anyone why this might not work.

This is from the Thai embassy at The Hague. I suppose a similar notice is on the Thai embassy London website.

"The Embassy only has the authority to provide visa services to those who are in the Netherlands for the entire visa process. Visa applications of those who are not in the Netherlands for the entire process will be REJECTED. No refund is possible."

I would think trying to manipulate the system to apply for an evisa while not being in the application country would be considered as some kind of deception.

Edited by userabcd
  • Like 1

The simple answer is, whether using a VPN or not, you might well succeed. There was one thread reporting success in applying for an eVisa while in Thailand. However, it is not something you are supposed to do. Further, one of the requirements in the application is to upload a copy of all stamps relating to visits to Thailand over the last year. If you satisfy that requirement, and the stamps are carefully scrutinised, your deception might be discovered.

• Like 1

To get a visa is doable, but use it is more tricky. 

The immigration at airport will ask for proof that you are arriving from correct country, UK in this case, before he/she stamp in the Vsa in your passport. 

56 minutes ago, hakancnx said:

The immigration at airport will ask for proof that you are arriving from correct country, UK in this case, before he/she stamp in the Vsa in your passport. 

Is your statement about the checks by immigration at the airport based on personal experience? It is the first I have heard of such an issue. If denied entry, what reason under Section 12 of the Immigration Act is used in the denial stamp in your passport?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hakancnx said:

Supposing you had stopped off in Malaysia or Cambodia on the way. There is no way that should affect, or have any bearing, on your Thai evisa surely.

1 hour ago, hakancnx said:

This thread discussed this;

It appears some (including myself) are concerned that, when applying for an e-visa, the embassy may start to take pains to check whether you are in the UK while applying. I personally see no prospect of Immigration at the airport trying to figure out if your visa was issued when not in the UK. Certainly, this kind of airport visa check has never been reported in the past.

5 hours ago, Maybole said:

This asy be out-of-date information, but when I applied 4 1/2 years ago I had to send my passport to the Embassy so that the visa could be physically stamped in it.

As you say, this is now out of date information. When using the e-visa system, they email the visa to you. There is no stamp in your passport.

I have been working in Indonesia for the past 6 months and needed a new visa and didn’t want to travel all the way back to the uk. I applied for a non O 90 day visa through the London evisa web site and although it took me about a week of hand wringing and head butting the desk with all the questions I eventually did it and paid for 90days insurance and submitted all the docs as best I could (I got someone to send a pic of a letter sent to me at my address in the uk from the water company for proof of residence). A week later I got my evisa via email and printed it out.

I arrived a Thai immigration traveling from Bali and handed my paperwork over. No questions asked, bish bash bosh 90 day evisa stamp in my passport.

Good luck

• Thanks 2