Troll?

khastan

Well despite being called a troll by some members I am on my way on the 12th July.

There is one thing that puzzles me though the more I read this forum. Why is there so many negative posts. Is it so bad living in Thialand?

If this is the case then why on earth do people continue living there?

Khastan

I never called you a troll, khastan.

Which negative posts are you referring to?

The girls?

Well, hearts get broken everywhere.

The weather?

It's bloody hot in July, if you didn't read up on it, best take a parasol and sun oil.

The prices?

LOS is still a cheap deal IMO.

I don't live there so that doesn't apply.

If you mean negative input from expats, what can I say?

Most of their complaints are not about Thailand but rather about you and me, I.E. the despicable unwanted tourists and - horror of horrors - PENSIONERS :o

I'm new here, and I'm quite perplexed.

You only have 5 posts and already you're tagged as a troll?

It's great living in Thailand if you make money in dollars or pounds or just wealthy.

Then again, I'm Thai, and I've lived in Thailand for good 14 years before I moved to the States.

Retiring in Thailand is a high possibility for me.

It's great living in Thailand if you make money in dollars or pounds or just wealthy.

Then again, I'm Thai, and I've lived in Thailand for good 14 years before I moved to the States.

You are Thai? Ok got it, you love Liverpool :o

You are right, Torv. Have you read his other four posts? A genuine troll, saying he wants to retire in Thailand and asking for help how to find “a good woman and one over 40” after divorcing his wife would take the trouble to write the country’s name correctly. With him it is:

Thialand: 4

Thailand: nil

That is if it is really Thailand where he wishes to retire. New countries are sprouting up so fast, and old ones are changing their names, it is difficult to keep track of what they are all called and for all you and I know the one he mentions does indeed exist today.

--

Maestro

Sorry about accusing anybody of regarding me has a troll. Pleaase ignore that comment and accept my apoligies. Its just that I am feeling a bit vunerable at the moment. I am looking forward to coming to Thialnd but I get very depressed sometime and a little unsure after reading all the negative posts on the forum that I wonder if I am doing the right thing.

I thank everybody for all the good advice they gave me in my original post.

Khastan.

Thailand won't make you happy....

BUT... Thailand give you every opportunity to find happiness.

One thing I always tell my friends and myself is this...

If your not enjoying yourself.... It is your own fault! (That is where you say... You know what! I am going to change my attitude and allow myself to have fun!). Works everytime! :o

If your not enjoying yourself.... It is your own fault! (That is where you say... You know what! I am going to change my attitude and allow myself to have fun!). Works everytime! :o

Well said.

It can make you very miserable if you are not able to protect yourself.

You are Thai? Ok got it, you love Liverpool :o

Ha! Well at the very least, I consider myself a true fan and not a bandwagoner like those who just became fans after Istanbul or after a triple.

There're probably a lot more Mancs fans than 'Pool though.

Edited by Torv

If your not enjoying yourself.... It is your own fault! (That is where you say... You know what! I am going to change my attitude and allow myself to have fun!). Works everytime! :D

Top statement/qoute Paul. :o

Sorry about accusing anybody of regarding me has a troll. Pleaase ignore that comment and accept my apoligies. Its just that I am feeling a bit vunerable at the moment. I am looking forward to coming to Thialnd but I get very depressed sometime and a little unsure after reading all the negative posts on the forum that I wonder if I am doing the right thing.

I thank everybody for all the good advice they gave me in my original post.

Khastan.

Well, I think you'd still be able to enjoy your time in Thailand. I don't know what you expect to get from the country. It can give you what you're looking for, but that's entirely up to you, and it's also true for many other places in the world.

Thailand is not heaven, where you'd get everything that you want at a snap of a finger (that's heaven right?), but good experiences could be found there. I suggest that you look inside yourself and figure out what you really want and don't expect Thailand to grant you that.

Thailand is generally pretty kind to foreigners and its people are friendly enough. Although opinions differ on what Thailand really is, whether it's a sorry hellish turd excuse for a country or an absolute paradise, no one can give you a clear picture of what it truly is but you. Something something in the eyes of the beholder. Same thing here.

Generalizations are usually quite flawed. It's been posted that if you were miserable in your home country that you will be miserable here. That's CERTAINLY not true. There have been other posts that said that some people are just plain miserable no matter where they are at. That IS true. It comes down to the simple fact that there is only one person in the entire world that can make you happy or unhappy and that person is you. My life is here in the Kingdom and I can't imagine being anywhere else. Some people never acclimate and pack their bags and leave. Other people just stay here and whinge. (I like that word). :o

I am looking forward to coming to Thialnd

khastan, suggest you look closely at the correct spelling. If you are going to live in a foriegn country it is generally considered good manners to at least be able to spell it right. The odd typo you can get away with but so far Thailand is getting drubbed five nil. But I guess they have the home leg toplay yet. :o

"You only have 5 posts and already you're tagged as a troll?"

You don't need to eat an entire egg to know that it's rotten.

And you can be intimate with a girl a hundred times before you find out that she has HIV.

Wait, what are we doing?

Well despite being called a troll by some members I am on my way on the 12th July.

There is one thing that puzzles me though the more I read this forum. Why is there so many negative posts. Is it so bad living in Thialand?

If this is the case then why on earth do people continue living there?

Khastan

Because (some?) high poster members here are trolls themselves :o

khastan, suggest you look closely at the correct spelling. If you are going to live in a foriegn country it is generally considered good manners to at least be able to spell it right. The odd typo you can get away with but so far Thailand is getting drubbed five nil. But I guess they have the home leg toplay yet. :o

I really never know if someone is a troll or not as only the trolls themselves know the answer to that question. I do know that the focus of this forum should be content and not spelling. With all the countries and different educational levels represented here on the forum I think in terms of being a friendly forum, it is appropriate to cut some people some slack regardless of the word involved. I am a native English speaker and spend some of my time in Bangkok but do not know how to spell Krungthep in Thai so is that also considered bad manners ?? If so then I guess I am also guilty of bad manners. :D

Edited by jetjock

OP, how down is down in your view?

Girlfriend/wife cheated on you?

Boss is a piece of sh!t?

The list of reasons for running away is endless.

My notion of the ultimate down was losing my wife after nursing her 24/7 for the best part of 5 years.

Did a long stay in LOS after that help me?

Too blöödy right it did! :o

I really never know if someone is a troll or not as only the trolls themselves know the answer to that question. I do know that the focus of this forum should be content and not spelling. With all the countries and different educational levels represented here on the forum I think in terms of being a friendly forum, it is appropriate to cut some people some slack regardless of the word involved. I am a native English speaker and spend some of my time in Bangkok but do not know how to spell Krungthep in Thai so is that also considered bad manners ?? If so then I guess I am also guilty of bad manners. :D

Come on JJ Thailand is a massive eight letters, it appears in just about every thread on this forum so even the most inexperienced non-native English speaker could get it correct at least once.

Krung Thep Mahanakhon Amon Rattanakosin Mahinthara Ayuthaya Mahadilok Phop Noppharat Ratchathani Burirom Udomratchaniwet Mahasathan Amon Piman Awatan Sathit Sakkathattiya Witsanukam Prasit is a whole lot more but I bet there's a whole raft of forum members thumping away at keyboards to tell me I'm wrong and it should be blah blah blah.

btw I cannot write it in Thai as my PC aint set up with Thai script plus one other minor point.....I can't read nor write Thai. :D Shameful I know.