METV Multi Entry Visa

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It is still being issued in your home country. Info is here on the Thai embassy website located in Washington DC.

https://thaiembdc.org/2021/05/13/metv/

You will do the application for it on the e visa website (link is on the above page).

Thank you, but when I go through every option on the E-Visa site, I still cannot find an option for the Metv. I must somehow be missing it? It was it can be found on page 32 of the PDF Manual, the link on the Embassy page is broken and when I manually open the manual and go to page 32, it is not there.

19 minutes ago, Bob Roberts said:

Thank you, but when I go through every option on the E-Visa site, I still cannot find an option for the Metv. I must somehow be missing it? It was it can be found on page 32 of the PDF Manual, the link on the Embassy page is broken and when I manually open the manual and go to page 32, it is not there.

You will not find it until you register and start the application.

When checking on the home page of the site you will see this for a tourist visa.

image.png.4eaa0d11654cc075af4d222ce64dc2c8.png

The 6 months validity is for a METV.

On 8/14/2022 at 3:31 AM, ubonjoe said:

It is still being issued in your home country. Info is here on the Thai embassy website located in Washington DC.

https://thaiembdc.org/2021/05/13/metv/

You will do the application for it on the e visa website (link is on the above page).

Hi ubonjoe, in Israel now I have checked already few times with the thai embassy and they insist that until further notice the metv visa is not an option,  only one entry visa that can be either extended in Thailand,  covid extension,  visa run or go out and make a new visa, but metv not issued yet,  

That the current information I have,  at least from Israel.  

5 minutes ago, Grayowl said:

Hi ubonjoe, in Israel now I have checked already few times with the thai embassy and they insist that until further notice the metv visa is not an option,  only one entry visa that can be either extended in Thailand,  covid extension,  visa run or go out and make a new visa, but metv not issued yet,  

That the current information I have,  at least from Israel.  

The embassy website does show the METV. Maybe a misunderstanding.

https://telaviv.thaiembassy.org/en/page/cate-5737-tourist-visa?menu=5d75197d15e39c3598006fc5

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The embassy website does show the METV. Maybe a misunderstanding.

https://telaviv.thaiembassy.org/en/page/cate-5737-tourist-visa?menu=5d75197d15e39c3598006fc5

hi, i dont think it a misunderstanding , i have used this visa many time in the last few years, while i stay most of the year in Thailand, and i talk also thai, i explained what i look for , and the staff from the embassy understood very well and they said that until further notice the multi entry tourist visa is un evaluable . 

so i inform you my friend, this i been asking them already few times in the last 2 months .

11 hours ago, Grayowl said:

hi, i dont think it a misunderstanding , i have used this visa many time in the last few years, while i stay most of the year in Thailand, and i talk also thai, i explained what i look for , and the staff from the embassy understood very well and they said that until further notice the multi entry tourist visa is un evaluable . 

The METV was suspended due the covid 19 travel restrictions but was reinstated.

No embassy or official consulate would issue them but that was changed when they started opening the country.

ANY country that uses the eVisa online portal to get a visa for thailand has the option of getting a 6 month METV,
https://www.thaievisa.go.th/
You FIRST select Tourism/Leisure Activities, that will fill in the next spot down "Visa Type" with Tourist Visa (TR) and then you select Multiple in Number of Entries.

Keep in mind IF you want a 6 month METV you have to show you're exiting/re-entering within 60-90 days of your expected arrival. They specifically say if you don't show you need this visa you will get sold a single entry and NOT get the difference refunded (example an METV in the US is 200 and a SETV is 40 so you lose 160 if you don't show you're exiting/re-enter thailand 

METV choice.jpg

No refund.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The METV was suspended due the covid 19 travel restrictions but was reinstated.

No embassy or official consulate would issue them but that was changed when they started opening the country.

Again my friend,  this is what I been told just  a week ago when I made my appointment to the thai embassy,  they insist that can not, I will ask them again,  and clear with them if on the internet it possible to do, but in the embassy can not from some un logical reason . 
anyway maybe it a matter of organization and country,  some countries the thai embassy maybe more informed and organized,  and back to normal,  and some not yet.  The same as in Thailand,  every immigration office has it own freedom and flexibility about the way to conduct immigration policy.  Maybe this is the cause.