Passport stolen

Hello I, am French and my passport with the retired extension and reentry permit was stolen.. I will therefore return to enter Thailand with a blank passport... Do you know how to recover my visa... Thank you very much

• Sad 1

You visa/extension was lost with your passport.

If you have copies of your passport pages and proof your passport was lost you might be able to get immigration on arrival  to stamp you in to the date on your re-entry permit.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, look55 said:

Yes jo i, have the first page of the passport stolen But i, have not the visa page and i have the police statement

It would be best to plan on entering visa exempt to apply for a new non-o visa at immigration. Or if you have time apply for a new non-o visa at the Thai embassy in Paris.

As far as I know immigration on arrival does not have a procedure to allow you to enter without your old passport and the new one.

4 minutes ago, look55 said:

Oh I see.. If I return with a visa exemption and I go to Chaeng Wattana the next day, maybe with a letter from the French embassy in bangkok? 

You could try that if Chaeng Wattana is the office that issued your extension of stay.

On 8/14/2022 at 3:41 PM, ubonjoe said:

You visa/extension was lost with your passport.

If you have copies of your passport pages and proof your passport was lost you might be able to get immigration on arrival  to stamp you in to the date on your re-entry permit.

I was late in getting my old passport back when I was in the UK. It had my re entry permit on it. I only had my new one, and had photo's in my phone of my old passport and re entry permit in it. Immigration did not want to know about it and my agent Key visa charged me over 30.000Bt to get it fixed.

21 minutes ago, look55 said:

Re bad news

Maybe it's better to apply for a tourist visa in Vientiane and do the process to get my visa back 0

You could enter Thailand visa exempt and obtain a non O.. and subsequent extension.

Thinking that's your best option.

At least it's a predictable pathway 

• Haha 1

Surprised nobody has mentioned that the FIRST thing you should do is to file a police report and get a copy, and translate to French.

The SECOND thing is to inform the French Embassy, who may be able to give you a new passport without your leaving Thailand.

Then you can try to get your previous stamps transferred to new passport, with the help of Police Report, and also letter from French Embassy stating they have replaced your new passport because your old one was stolen.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, CanadaSam said:

Surprised nobody has mentioned that the FIRST thing you should do is to file a police report and get a copy, and translate to French.

And you have read reports that this was successful.

The OP lost/stolen pp outside of Thailand.

Will reenter with ....visa exempt? Then attempt to reinstate stamps...

My guess is response from immigration is the infamous..

...."Can Not"

• Like 2

On 8/3/2017 at 9:24 AM, norfolkandchance said:

Just an update. Applied for new passport from UK on 6/7 delivered to Italy 31/7. That included 2 weeks with mail in the post. I only have a copy of my face page of my old passport. Let's hope local immigration can reinstall the old details.

Expand  

Arrived back in LOS with new passport 6/9 and was issued with a Visa Exempt stamp for 30 days. Went to Korat immigration the next day to report and try to get my passed details transferred to new passport. IO said no problem and if I had all the paperwork she would also renew my extension to stay for another year. Trip back into town to the Bank for the savings letter and she completed everything there and then. 3 hours in total. Good job.

Maybe is possible.... 

• Like 2