Demise of the suitcase ????

chicowoodduck

I just returned to Thailand and lucky for me my suitcase arrived with me….unfortunately I had the hand carrying part ripped off by the baggage machine! ????. My question is…does anyone know of a repair shop in Pattaya City that can repair my suitcase? It is far too young to give it the heave ho! ????

58B167D7-482C-40FE-9FFE-B179043C1D44.jpeg

Appears to be carry on bag so probably not cost effective to repair.  Perhaps a shoe repair person would have ability to fix if they could find handle.  But suspect they are few these days.  Maybe check with the airline?

at least it is still in one piece apart from the handle, we have has 3 suit cases totally smashed up now over 3 different flights by one airline that only started up a few years ago, they offered us 100 baht  then went up to 500 baht when I got a bit angry at their carelessness/handling of them. They kept saying if you pay extra for luggage insurance it dosnt happen, this has proved to be true so the damage would be their way of getting the extra money by the look of it. The only reason we use them is their early flights are the only ones that get us to Bangkok at the required time in the morning and their late night  flights back save us having to stay over night. Unfortunately customer service just doesnt happen with them

Reminding your ordeal...

I try to play safe from getting them handlers to make burst open my bags next 1 Sept flight home as both checked lugage ones ....

20220822_092044.jpg

Edited by david555

5 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I have had a Samsonite suitcase for many years. Baggage handlers would have to run over it with a tank to make an impression.

Have had Samsonites for well over 20 years. Initially had the version with extendable handle. That lasted a few years until LHR handlers caused the extendable to change to detachable.

That was on a flight from KL and was a problem as I was only in UK for a couple of days before flying off to Egypt. However BA set me up with a replacement Samsonite in Cairo, this time the version with a small handle inset into the case. Now had that for nearly 20 years and still in great condition.