One or two days increased mobile data.

treetops

If I select one of AIS's daily packages to cope with an expected increase due to tethering my laptop, will my usual monthly package (MaoMao199B max speed 1GB) resume as normal when the daily package expires?

Edited by treetops

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Probably, but that's not a good package anyway, for the same 200 baht you can get AIS 100gb at 10Mbps, call them.

I have AIS 150 baht 10Mbps unlimited 

Erm....why would they want a capped speed and capped data pack, when compared to just capped speed? Was that a mistake?

I don't know anyone that was offered a monthly Marathon promo for 200 baht per month. The only people offered that are the ones who had a Marathon pack in the first place.

Usually it's capped speed with unlimited data. e.g Unlimited 4 Mbps with free calls to any network for 150 baht per month or 10 Mbps without calls for 150 baht per month or 10 Mbps with calls for 200 baht per month. 

If they don't agree to the request, ask for MNP code...

8 hours ago, treetops said:

If I select one of AIS's daily packages to cope with an expected increase due to tethering my laptop, will my usual monthly package (MaoMao199B max speed 1GB) resume as normal when the daily package expires?

Yes, though as scuba mentions, that is a very poor package for 212.93 baht. At least seven years old, maybe longer. Time to move on ???? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

Speed 1GB?

Guess you mean volume 1 GB?

Doesn't AIS offer buying added volume?

Screenshot_20220818-112643_myAIS.jpg

He wrote what he meant. 1 GB at Max Speed. If they were quoting the speed, it would be 1 Gbps. In fact the term used by AIS is Full Speed. 

It's a sensible suggestion to simply apply a Booster(Up Speed) to the 1 GB in volume pack, if the OP cannot be bothered to negotiate a capped speed unlimited data pack for less than the current pack.

Though there are much better add-ons available than the ones shown. Rather than data for just seven days, the OP can expand the validity to 30 days, for instance: 3GB for up to 30 days booster to the AIS 1 GB (slowing down to 128 Kbps once the 1 GB is used up) plan. 99 baht + VAT (105.93 baht)

OP can top up 110 baht, click on the link(in Bold) and then on the Confirm button.

There is also

+ 2GB : 49 baht over 7 days 
+ 2GB : 29 baht over 2 days
+ 1GB : 39 baht over 7 days

These packs are over seven years old now, so not all are guaranteed to be still available. But the 30 day one should still be okay ????  

Edited by Bruno123

8 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Probably, but that's not a good package anyway, for the same 200 baht you can get AIS 100gb at 10Mbps, call them.

I have AIS 150 baht 10Mbps unlimited 

Under normal circumsances I never even use the 1GB so the increased volume at reduced speed seems unappealing.  This one-off requirement may see me need more volume but only for a day or two.

2 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

Yes, though as scuba mentions, that is a very poor package for 212.93 baht. At least seven years old, maybe longer. Time to move on ???? 

Thanks for the reply.  I see several packs in the app and on the AIS website, but you and scubascuba3 mention calling or negotiating a better deal for long term use.

What's best - over the phone or in the shop and what would I ask for, bearing in mind I would want it long term, as you can tell from the deal I'm on I want to select it and forget about it for years?

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

Speed 1GB?

Guess you mean volume 1 GB?

Doesn't AIS offer buying added volume?

I see that table on the app, but the "Unlimited Internet" tab offered unlimited volume daily options at restricted speeds which I thought more suited to my requirement.  Any particular reason for suggesting the capped volume, 7 day package?

54 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

Though there are much better add-ons available than the ones shown. Rather than data for just seven days, the OP can expand the validity to 30 days, for instance: 3GB for up to 30 days booster to the AIS 1 GB (slowing down to 128 Kbps once the 1 GB is used up) plan. 99 baht + VAT (105.93 baht)

OP can top up 110 baht, click on the link(in Bold) and then on the Confirm button.

Although the prices are trivial, especially for what is hopefully a one-off one day requirement, this might be interesting for the future.  Is there a code available for this if I can't find your link somewhere down the line?

3 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

Yes <snip>

I'm assuming that was in response to my original question of "will my usual monthly package (MaoMao199B max speed 1GB) resume as normal when the daily package expires?" so thanks.  Working on the info on the various packages for the longer term is next.

Edited by treetops

9 minutes ago, treetops said:

Under normal circumsances I never even use the 1GB so the increased volume at reduced speed seems unappealing.  This one-off requirement may see me need more volume but only for a day or two.

Thanks for the reply.  I see several packs in the app and on the AIS website, but you and scubascuba3 mention calling or negotiating a better deal for long term use.

What's best - over the phone or in the shop and what would I ask for, bearing in mind I would want it long term, as you can tell from the deal I'm on I want to select it and forget about it for years?

I see that table on the app, but the "Unlimited Internet" tab offered unlimited volume daily options at restricted speeds which I thought more suited to my requirement.  Any particular reason for suggesting the capped volume, 7 day package?

Although the prices are trivial, especially for what is hopefully a one-off one day requirement, this might be interesting for the future.  Is there a code available for this if I can't find your link somewhere down the line?

Best to stick with what you have if you just want to "forget about it for years". Just don't forget where you put my link. Bookmark the thread ???? 

Yes, you can select any daily package that suits. Once expired it will revert back to your normal pack.

I guess KB and my suggestion is for if you have already used up the 1 GB of data. Whereas if you just want to preserve it by purchasing a day pack, that should be okay. 

• Like 1