Which thai embassies do not require proof of funds for Non-O visas?

American citizen living in Phuket and need to do some kind of visa run in a few days. I know I can get a 1 year non-o based on marriage to a thai in Savannakhet, Laos, but that consulate is difficult to get to from phuket. 

Does anyone else know what embassies/consulates in the region issue Thai wife Non-O visas without showing proof of funds, IE: 400K in a thai bank account? I think Kuala Lumpur issues them and is easy to get to from Phuket, but Im not sure. 

Anyone have any up to date info? 

Lastly, if I do move 400K into my account here, that 400K does not need to be "seasoned" for the issuance of the visa itself, it just needs to be "seasoned" if I decide to do the 1 year extension, right? 

16 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The embassy in Kuala Lumpur does not issue multiple entry non-o visas. They also want to see 400k baht in a bank.

See: https://image.mfa.go.th/mfa/0/n3gTFT2TOE/NON-IMMIGRANT_VISA_(O)_FOR_DEPENDANT_-_For_dependant_of_the_main_visa_applicant_or_foreign_spouse_or_children_of_a_Thai-new.pdf

Penang in the past wanted to see 400k baht in a bank to issue a multiple entry non-o visa. The funds could be in any bank. Not sure what they are wanting now since there have been no posts about them and their website has about zero info on it.

When applying for a non-o visa at immigration the 400k baht only has to be in the bank on the day you apply and then for 2 months on the day you apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage.

Thanks. 

have you seen any recent trip reports to Savannakhet? Required documents and whatnot? 

4 minutes ago, Leveraged said:

have you seen any recent trip reports to Savannakhet? Required documents and whatnot? 

Why don't you just do a border bounce and reenter visa exempt then obtain non O at Phuket immigration.

17 minutes ago, Leveraged said:

There have been reports of Savannakhet issuing multiple entry non-o visas.

Requirements are here. https://savannakhet.thaiembassy.org/th/publicservice/non-immigrant-visa-o-visiting-family-member-of-a-thai-nationality-a-sp?page=5d84a44c15e39c26b400453e&menu=5d84a44c15e39c26b400453f

• Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Why don't you just do a border bounce and reenter visa exempt then obtain non O at Phuket immigration.

I was thinking about doing a border hop like you say, but I dont want to do the Non-O swap at immigration because I travel alot for work, so id do all the paperwork and run-around for the visa, then likely have to leave again for work. Better for my situation to hold a multi entry visa so I can  come and go as I please without wasting time dealing with immigration. 

• Like 1