How to open a Thai bank account online?

Hi,

Which banks allow opening a bank account online? I'm currently traveling and won't be in Thailand until January next year. However I need to have a Thai bank account to receive money as soon as possible. I have both Thai and foreign passports. I also have all Thai documents: house registration, national ID card, etc. I just don't have a bank account.

I scouted old posts and found someone mentioned about Tik Tok Services (http://tiktokservicesthailand.com/) helped him open a bank account quickly. Do you guys recommend them?

I'm open to any ideas/suggestions. Thank you.

Even before today's strict KYC and anti money laundering rules, I doubt you would be able to open a bank account online here in Thailand. 

I  know in the west, some of the  online banks allow it, but they require strict identity proof.

I don't think Thailand is anywhere near ready for that yet. But good luck with your search.

Asfor using some online entity or an agent. Would you really want to risk losing all your money like that?

Pretty sure you would be breaking many of the bank's account security rules about ensuring no one else accessing your account.

10 minutes ago, userabcd said:

Why not use your foreign card and then when you get to Thailand 1st thing to do. go into a branch and open an account. Only takes about 1 hr to do.

Then transfer money to yourself.

Thanks for your advice. What is a foreign card? Is it something that could receive a fund transfer?

• Haha 2

OP, none of the banks have facilities/options to open accounts online, any agent assisted opening accounts will still require your physical presence at the bank, they accompany you to the bank.

Edited by Peterw42

12 minutes ago, ppatrick said:

Thanks for your advice. What is a foreign card? Is it something that could receive a fund transfer?

Foreign card is the card associated with the account/bank in your home country where you usually do your banking to receive and withdraw money.

If you need to receive cash then you can get someone to transfer to you by MoneyGram or Western Union, they can send to you the password and transaction record and you can pick up at an affiliated branch wherever you are.

33 minutes ago, DrJoy said:

If you are a Thai citizen with a valid "Thai National ID Card" then you can open online using the app of any bank.

1. Download the SCB EASY app. Select National Digital ID (NDID) authentication.

2. Select another banking application you have an account with and authenticate your identity within 1 hour.

3. Scan your face with the SCB EASY app. Select “Open an online savings account

• Conveniently open an online savings account anywhere via the SCB EASY app.
  • Earn interest of up to 1.5% p.a. from the first baht to 1 million baht -- high returns and low risk.
  • No minimum amount requirement for account opening
  • For new customers who have never had any SCB product (The service is provided under the Bank of Thailand’s regulatory sandbox).
  • This identity authentication process requires ID card verification and an ID photo taken at the point of service

https://www.scb.co.th/en/personal-banking/digital-banking/scb-easy/open-account/ndid.html

Still have to be present in country to use an Identity point of service

Identity Authentication Service Point

7-eleven.png

boonterm.png

Open an online savings account via the SCB EASY app in just 3 simple steps

saving-image-1.png

1. Authenticate your identity at service point with your ID card and your photo.

Edited by userabcd

20 hours ago, DrJoy said:

If you are a Thai citizen with a valid "Thai National ID Card" then you can open online using the app of any bank.

2. Select another banking application you have an account with and authenticate your identity within 1 hour.

• Earn interest of up to 1.5% p.a. from the first baht to 1 million baht -- high returns and low risk.
  • For new customers who have never had any SCB product (The service is provided under the Bank of Thailand’s regulatory sandbox).
  • This identity authentication process requires ID card verification and an ID photo taken at the point of service

https://www.scb.co.th/en/personal-banking/digital-banking/scb-easy/open-account/ndid.html

at last an intelligent reply, so many people did not thoroughly read the OP

On 8/17/2022 at 9:08 PM, DrJoy said:

Thank you!