Covid- 19 boosters in chiang Mai

scorecard

The booster program at Airport Centran mall was conducted by Nakornping Hospital but is no longer being done at the Airport Centran mall.  I understand you can still get a booster at Nakornping Hospital and a couple of other places as noted in other posts.

Edited by CMBob

17 minutes ago, TheAppletons said:

A Thai friend of mine received a Moderna booster yesterday at CM Ram for 600 thb.  

Not free but not particularly expensive either.

Last 2 times I had a Moderna booster at RAM it was 1650 baht per jab.

12 hours ago, Derek B said:

Last 2 times I had a Moderna booster at RAM it was 1650 baht per jab.

Correct.  That was the previous price, recently reduced (apparently).

(I personally saw the bill yesterday and it was 600 thb.)

Edited by TheAppletons
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheAppletons said:

A Thai friend of mine received a Moderna booster yesterday at CM Ram for 600 thb.  

Not free but not particularly expensive either.

This is probably because Moderna's new version (bivalent - original & Omicron) has been approved in the UK (and other countries soon). Moderna is also working on a BA.4 & BA.5 version for the US.

5 hours ago, CMBob said:

The booster program at Airport Centran mall was conducted by Nakornping Hospital but is no longer being done at the Airport Centran mall.  I understand you can still get a booster at Nakornping Hospital and a couple of other places as noted in other posts.

Thank you, appreciated.  Has any CM member had a booster at Nakorn Ping hospital? Service OK, what fees did you pay? Please share. 

6 hours ago, CMBob said:

I can confirm this is correct. I got both my boosters at Nakornping Hospital, Mae Rim, just walk in at 08:00 a.m., and choose between Pfizer and Moderna, both free.

• Thanks 2

I'm told by several people that Moderna is free at the CM Mother and Child Hospital. Open 08.30. I believe the address is 1, Pracha Samphan Road, Chang Khlan 50100 tel.:053-272-740, 053-276-856

Not just for Mothers and Children! I'll go there myself in October (3 months after my Co-Vid)

When I got my first booster (Moderna) at Ram, I did ask about 1/2 dose and was told that their policy is full dose only…1650B

my guess is they don’t want to go into the business of splitting doses…so maybe they just reduced the price given that any resident can get it for free now at selected places?

• Like 1

On 8/18/2022 at 6:27 AM, SamSanuk said:

Food for thought but the 600 baht CM RAM quote is a half dose. 1200 for full dose.

I don't believe this to be true.

The inoculation that my friend had was the second dose of the primary series (not a booster) and it is annotated as such.  The second dose, like the first dose, is a full dose.  

As mentioned previously, the cost was 600 thb.

Edited by TheAppletons

16 hours ago, siftasam said:

I'm told by several people that Moderna is free at the CM Mother and Child Hospital. Open 08.30. I believe the address is 1, Pracha Samphan Road, Chang Khlan 50100 tel.:053-272-740, 053-276-856

Not just for Mothers and Children! I'll go there myself in October (3 months after my Co-Vid)

August 15, 19, 22 & 26. 08-1400.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/ChiangMaiNewsinEnglish/permalink/1097513880904959/?m_entstream_source=group&ref=group_header

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...