The World of golf will focus on Bangkok from October 7th -9th

ASEAN NOW News

Not sure if the TAT realise what incredible publicity Thailand and its golf industry will get when the 6th round of Greg Norman’s LIV Golf tour arrives in Bangkok in October.

Not since the Thailand Golf Championship hosted by Amata Springs a few years back will so many star golfers arrive in Bangkok altogether.

Stonehill GC is the venue and although it has not opened yet, the word is it is a very worthy course for the  LIV Golf tour.

Many of the golfers and caddies will also find staying in a 5-star hotel in Bangkok a lot more fun than staying in a city hotel in Bedminster or Portland in the States.

Lee Westwood was quoted as saying that staying in the St Regis in Bangkok was the best hotel on tour by far.

Not sure what will be the official hotel however with their wage packets expect them to stay in some swanky establishment.

39480-LIV_07_02_22.1667_(2)-3c267feeda0ea36aac47d1e04d1764fc.jpg.3e67a32f7bac9a0e515f0476f27d12d4.jpg

Tickets for Stonehill have now gone on sale at https://tickets.livgolf.com/2022-bangkok starting at THB800 for a day pass.

I would expect many Asian-based golfers will be tempted to come and see close up these golfing stars during the three days.

51d695dcf959a2e7f6322b937dca6a9b8f5b5c77_4f2debb0-3bc9-4ac1-8657-538a63746335_nikanti_15.jpg.cb263ff57aa867441215bef580b3426f.jpg

Nikanti

If you are thinking of coming over to the Stonehill tournament, then why not combine it with a few rounds of golf yourself on some of Bangkok’s finest tracks like Thai Country Club, Nikanti, and Riverdale.

Golfasian the leading Asian-based golf tour operator can set you and your golfing buddies up with your own personal tour including hotels, preferential tee times, and ground transport.

They can’t offer you any mega dollar prizes, but they can guarantee you will have a great few rounds of golf in Bangkok.

Played Nikanti a few weeks ago - world class but you have to buy the golf/meal package at I think 5,500 but very highly recommended - as for Amata Spring, forget it, there is no way a mere mortal can walk up and play on the Japanese billionaires playground at any price ! 

With the current changes made in cash available from the PGA tour I am guessing that many of these ex stars will be wishing they had not made the move.

Mind you, without LIV I doubt if the PGA will have made such drastic changes.

If you do want to go last minute tickets have been going for $1 in some cases at the previous LIV events.