Thai Covid Center approves visa period extensions for foreign tourists

snoop1130

thailand-visa-696x407.jpg

PHOTO: Thai Embassy

The Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) has approved the visa exemption period extension for foreign tourists from 30 days to 45 days from October 2022 to March 2023 to potentially boost the tourism industry.

The Visa on Arrival (VOA) will also be extended from a maximum of 15 days to 30 days, CCSA spokesperson Taweesilp Visanuyothin stated after the general meeting on Friday, August 19th.

In layman’s terms, if your country’s visa was previously for fifteen days, it will extend to thirty. If it was for thirty, it will extend to 45, effective October 1st.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/08/19/thai-covid-center-approves-visa-period-extensions-for-foreign-tourists-to-boost-tourism-economy-effective-this-october/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-08-19

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

5 minutes ago, Greenwich Boy said:

Apologies, I have read it properly now.

I deleted my response as, after reading you question again, you were asking if the extension of 30/45 days after you have entered Thailand was possible for the ฿1900 at immigration

The answer to that question is not known from the news article

• Like 1

Prayut looks to lift emergency decree, extend visa exemption and visa on arrival to boost tourism

By Erich Parpart

image.jpeg

The Thai government said it is considering the lifting of the nationwide emergency decree that has been in place since 2020. It also decided to extend the visa exemption for up to 45 days along with visa on arrival for up to 30 days for a period of six months to help boost tourism.

The Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA), a body set up by the government to handle the Covid-19 related issues, said that it has approved a proposal to extend the visa exemption and the visa on arrival for 15 days over a period of six months.

“The extensions for tourists would increase tourism income and encourage tourists to travel around the country,” said Dr Taweesin Visanuyothin, CCSA’s spokesman.

Full story: https://www.thaienquirer.com/43057/prayut-looks-to-lift-emergency-decree-extend-visa-exemption-and-visa-on-arrival-to-boost-tourism/

TE

-- © Copyright Thai Enquirer 2022-08-20

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Like 1

It's amazing that the first basic question anyone who receives visa exempt for 30 days and could easily extend in country for 30 more days NOW would ask. Would we be able to arrive with 45 days and then extend 45 more days for 1900 baht after Oct 1.  But nowhere is this discussed. If it's 45 days only it's worse!  If it's 45 + 15 it's ridiculous!!  Why can't these goons know that this would not come up?? It should be 45 + 45. 

Edited by alex8912
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, smedly said:

it really is a shame that those in power these last 8 years have exempted themselves from declaring their income and wealth, that fact alone would make my blood boil, I wish the people would waken up and realize what these greedy ## are doing

How very on topic...

2 hours ago, alex8912 said:

It's amazing that the first basic question anyone who receives visa exempt for 30 days and could easily extend in country for 30 more days NOW would ask. Would we be able to arrive with 45 days and then extend 45 more days for 1900 baht after Oct 1.  But nowhere is this discussed. If it's 45 days only it's worse!  If it's 45 + 15 it's ridiculous!!  Why can't these goons know that this would not come up?? It should be 45 + 45. 

Or perhaps remain at a single 30 day extension on top of the 45 days? Likely make the situation more manageable, as isn't one determined by MOFA and the other controlled by Immigration Police? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, thairookie said:

Is the 45 days calculated from the date of arrival ? 

My point is if I arrive on 30 September, do I have to leave by 29 October ?  Or since my original exemption stretches into October, I will be given another 15 days ?

The length of stay you are given will always be determined by the regulations in effect on the day you arrive. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Here's a tricky question. After Oct 1........... Money is in the bank.  I have a 90 day Visa.  I leave the country without a reentry stamp but return after 70 days.  The Visa is cancelled but I have 45 days entry OK.  Would Immigration go cross eyed if I applied for a Non-O

retirement Visa.  ie  would it have to be Visa to Visa or would the new 45 day entry be OK to apply for a 1 year Non-O visa.  I need a medical treatment in the U.S. so this is a possible reality for me.

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) has approved the visa exemption period extension for foreign tourists from 30 days to 45 days from October 2022 to March 2023 to potentially boost the tourism industry.

Six months.... whoopy-doo

'My point is if I arrive on 30 September, do I have to leave by 29 October ?  

My thought would be that you have to arrive AFTER midnight on Oct 1st to get the 45 days. 

Now if your flight arrives late on 30th and you don't pass thru Immig till after midnight you MAY get away with it BUT immig now ask for your boarding pass since they scrapped TM6 so this may not work? 

6 hours ago, alex8912 said:

Accept that people able to vacation 90d at a time are a very small minority, and you always have the option of spending a very short time in a neighbouring country and re-enter.

The goons know quite well what they are doing I believe. They are extending 15d visa on arrival to 30d for the Indians, who are by far the largest group of real tourists (Malaysian weekenders notwithstanding).

• Like 1

They need to stop manipulating the baht as well exchange rates are dismal that to has an effect on tourists . My friend was meant to come over from the U.K. the air flight was horrendous and his pound was worthless he’s now gone to Greece where he got all in flight ,accommodation and three meals a day got less than £800 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, alex8912 said:

Why can't these goons know that this would not come up?? It should be 45 + 45. 

These goons are not too concerned about such minor matters .they are primarily busy making their fortunes, or adding to the fortunes they already have made from the Covid scams.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, alex8912 said:

It's amazing that the first basic question anyone who receives visa exempt for 30 days and could easily extend in country for 30 more days NOW would ask.

The more basic question is why do the "Goons" in other countries not allow visa exemption for Thai nationals.

Foreigners in Thailand always think they are hard done by.

I think the government is getting very worried about their lack of tourists.  Personally I don’t think even a 60 day visa exempt would attract that many more tourists. !!   Expats don’t need it, and normal tourists have largely had their holidays , schools going back next week, and price of long haul flights giving potential tourists the shivers !!  Plus, with borders now open eventual longstayers can do the easy border hop.  

What the government really needs to do is get the Thai businesses and people help, open up the country properly. Apart from central Bangkok, the rest of Thailand Pattaya/ Phuket looks like abandoned shanty towns.!!! 

14 minutes ago, sandyf said:

The more basic question is why do the "Goons" in other countries not allow visa exemption for Thai nationals.

Foreigners in Thailand always think they are hard done by.

Which part of the Thai population do you think go on holidays to EU, USA etc ??  Those that have money, apply for visas and have no problems., The less rich can go to ASEAN countries , the normal folk stay home. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, arithai12 said:

Accept that people able to vacation 90d at a time are a very small minority, and you always have the option of spending a very short time in a neighbouring country and re-enter.

The goons know quite well what they are doing I believe. They are extending 15d visa on arrival to 30d for the Indians, who are by far the largest group of real tourists (Malaysian weekenders notwithstanding).

Many people come 90 days + in the Wintertime. You are wrong and people who come 4/5 months are still tourists.  Have you ever heard of snow birds? Thousands in Thailand. 

• Like 2