Thai Covid Center approves visa period extensions for foreign tourists

snoop1130

4 hours ago, sandyf said:

The more basic question is why do the "Goons" in other countries not allow visa exemption for Thai nationals.

Foreigners in Thailand always think they are hard done by.

If you can't figure out why Thais do not get 30 or 90 days without a visa to visit Europe or USA or Canada then you may be the goon today. I mean really. Think about this for one minute what might happen if any Thai with a passport could do this?? Think.......

• Like 1

11 hours ago, alex8912 said:

If you can't figure out why Thais do not get 30 or 90 days without a visa to visit Europe or USA or Canada then you may be the goon today. I mean really. Think about this for one minute what might happen if any Thai with a passport could do this?? Think.......

That said, I do not think people from the West have the right to whine and complain how Thailand treats them wrt Immigration issues, and yet their countries treat Thais far worse. 

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

That said, I do not think people from the West have the right to whine and complain how Thailand treats them wrt Immigration issues, and yet their countries treat Thais far worse. 

My country has treated an extremely large amount of Thais with 10 year multiple entry visas on there first or second try for a visa ( the first timers got one entry and 10 year multiple entry the next try.  I still see why Thais are treated strictly in other countries as well.  For me even a simple 60 day visa in Thailand can take over two weeks to get and they do want a lot stupid things that other countries doing e visas ( instantly or less than 24 hrs in most countries) do not ask for. Now even the METV is much harder to get and takes possibly 3 weeks!  So I think you should be more open minded about the whines!! 
I mean an e visa should simply not take more than 24hrs to get. It's just pure stupidity. 

15 hours ago, alex8912 said:

Think or check reports on TV about S Korea.

6 hours ago, alex8912 said:

For me even a simple 60 day visa in Thailand can take over two weeks to get and they do want a lot stupid things that other countries doing e visas

But soon, 64 countries on visa exempt, will be able to stay in Thailand for 75 days with an easy single extension. No Visa required!

23 hours ago, geisha said:

Which part of the Thai population do you think go on holidays to EU, USA etc ??  Those that have money, apply for visas and have no problems., The less rich can go to ASEAN countries , the normal folk stay home. 

That would be falang mentality, do not offer because you think they don't want it.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, alex8912 said:

That's a good one. Thailand is quite entitled to impose any entry controls it sees fit just as other countries do.

It is the foreigners in Thailand that should do the thinking, before the whinging.

• Haha 1