Time to get chanote after documents at Land Office

Hello,

My gf recently bought a small, relatively inexpensive piece of land at the official province auction for bankruptcies. Paid at the state office and received all the official documents from the lender and office releasing the land and noting that it had been official purchased at the said Province auction.

She quickly went to the Land Registry office, received another batch of documents that had to signed and approved by some official in the town, which was done and returned to the Land Office. They said that it would be processed and that they would call when the Chanote (yes was a chanote before) was ready to be picked up.

That was over 3 months ago and the only response that she has gotten back is to be patient and that it could be more than a year! That left me incredulous for what seemed like a relatively straighforward official conducted purchase.

Has anyone else gone through something like this or have any info on how long she might have to wait to get the chanote?

Thanks!

I think my gf had/has a similar situation. In her case they told her they have to measure the land (again). It seems normally they do that if they have a couple of pieces of land in the same area. Another option would be that she (my gf) pays extra and then they come only to her land.

Obviously I don't know if that is similar to your situation. But it could be similar.

Thanks, but it should just be a transfer of the existing chanote as I assumed it was the same as a normal land purchase and transfer, there was no question of the boundaries.

Did your gf have to go down to the land office each time there was a question?