Where is Irish Guinness available in BKK.

node

7 hours ago, node said:

where can one purchase Irish Guinness around Bangkok? 

I checked a few Villas / Food Land, nothing seen. 

Not much, if any Guiness in Thailand is brewed in Ireland and canned Guiness is not available here.   There's plenty of places that have draught, though, but I don't think that's what you're looking for.

Viva's, The Game, The Old English Pub, O'Sheas, Royal Oak to name a few have it but it goes quickly and may others also.

5 hours ago, lujanit said:

I do not like Guinness.  Many years ago I went to a breakfast, full english breakfast at a small pub in Singapore.  Guinness came as part of the meal.  The barman put an ounce of port in the Guinness and it was wonderful.  Mind you after three pints I was ready for bed.

Drop of blackcurrant cordial in a glass of Guinness was a favourite of many an old dear in Dublin. 

To add to the others no-one does canned Guinness here anymore - you used to be able to buy it a few years ago but not enough demand I guess.  I bought a few cans in Malaysia a couple of weeks ago and they are now sitting in my fridge.

As mentioned lots of pubs here have draught Guinness although the supply chain is very sketchy so they are often out of stock for periods of time.  But it is not Irish Guinness from Ireland - it is brewed in Malaysia if that makes any difference.

I also find that most of the pubs in Bangkok don't pour it properly, they just pour the whole thing in one go and you don't get that nice creamy head.  Had a few pints in Muddy Murphy's in Singapore recently and the Guinness was miles better than what we get served here - and they made you wait for your pint just as they should.  It was so good I took a pic.

168836.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2022 at 9:27 AM, lujanit said:

I do not like Guinness.  Many years ago I went to a breakfast, full english breakfast at a small pub in Singapore.  Guinness came as part of the meal.  The barman put an ounce of port in the Guinness and it was wonderful.  Mind you after three pints I was ready for bed.

Sounds like a productive start of the day then loll

Flaherty’s on Soi 4 just down from Nana Plaza used to do a decent pint but The Dubliner in Little Tokyo or Sukhumvit Soi 33/1 right next to Phrom Pong BTS station was the best I found?

Actually it was renamed Herrity’s but now seems to be O’Shea’s or not but the address is correct anyhow,you may even meet the infamous John Kealy in there but I will leave that one right there?

Besides you also have the Robin Hood at the entrance to the Soi for a fantastic Christmas dinner,plus the Royal Oak on the other end for a fantastic Sunday Lunch and Premier League football what is not to like about that I ask you?

On 8/24/2022 at 3:27 AM, lujanit said:

Breakfast of champions I believe Carl Lewis,Muhammad Ali,Jesse Owens and Michael Phelps all swore by starting their day like this?