Dogs alert locals to grasscutter's plight after he falls seven meters down disused well

webfact

image.jpeg

Picture: 77kaoded

Locals in Chon Noi sub-district of Lopburi, central Thailand,  thought the area's dogs were biting each other again as they barked and made a lot of noise.

They went to chase them away then realised the dogs were trying to alert them to something.

They could now hear the screams of a man, reported 77kaoded.

A grasscutter had fallen seven meters down a disused groundwater well.

image.jpeg

Picture: 77kaoded

They tried to get 52 year old local man Mongkhol Yortkham out with a rope but failed. 

They had to continually call out to the injured man to make sure he didn't pass out and drown in the water.

Pattana Nikom Ruam Katanyu Rescue were called and with the help of a ten meter ladder they managed to get Mongkhol out.

He was taken to hospital.

It emerged that the well was just covered by a canvas top and had become overgrown with vegetation. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-08-26

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Bangkok Barry said:

Stupid comment. I'd bet all I have that if it had been you in the well you'd have welcomed the dogs sounding the alarm so that you didn't end up suffering a slow death. Or perhaps you'd have preferred to die in silence.

Dogs are stupid, but that does not stop the constant pro doggie stories in the media all the time. Responsible for hundreds of thousands of attacks on humans and dozens of deaths every year in the USA alone. This story is almost certainly exaggerated or totally fake.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 3

There have been many cases of dogs alerting people to other people that need help. 
It amazes me so many people use any excuse on here to ridicule the USA.  Even though it has nothing to do with the topic. 
People that hate the USA, and other western countries.  Complain how these countries caused their financial woes  and other things.  Then they move to Thailand trying to get their “free ride”.  And when it doesn’t work for them either.  They criticize Thailand. 
But at least there is an upside to all this.  At least your home country doesn’t have to deal with you anymore.  And you found a less expensive place to live to continue being miserable. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, proton said:

Dogs are stupid, but that does not stop the constant pro doggie stories in the media all the time. Responsible for hundreds of thousands of attacks on humans and dozens of deaths every year in the USA alone. This story is almost certainly exaggerated or totally fake.

Good job doggo!I disagree that dogs are stupid they are survivors heck my dog has me feeding him rubbing his belly and all he does is lay around no they aren’t stupid though they certainly can be a pain in the rear end and if you are stupid they can be dangerous as well

• Like 1

4 hours ago, proton said:

Well as I tell my wife the dogs are probably smarter than most humans.  They have the ability to prove it every day.  

Sorry you have it wrong -- Humans are stupid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, proton said:

I know somebody who most definitely is stupid , too ...

21 hours ago, HappyinNE said:

Well as I tell my wife the dogs are probably smarter than most humans.  They have the ability to prove it every day.  

Sorry you have it wrong -- Humans are stupid.

Hence just covering a well with canvas.