UID battery low

jaiyenyen

2 hours ago, malathione said:

Might it be VID? That would possibly mean the battery in your key fob, Vehicle Identification Device or some such. Just a guess.

That's a real possibility, although the letter is definitely a 'U'.

I'll check it out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brianthainess said:

The key fob battery on my Nissan is around 300+baht the ones in 7/11 are to thin but you can bend the connections inside to make it work, not recommended though. 

I recently bought one at Mr DIY for my Nissan keyfob.

They are not too thin if you buy the right one.

16 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

The key fob battery on my Nissan is around 300+baht the ones in 7/11 are to thin but you can bend the connections inside to make it work, not recommended though. 

There are three key fob CR size batteries as far as I know, you must get the old one out to find which one it is, then off to Mr.DIY with 10 bht in your pocket..... ????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

There are three key fob CR size batteries as far as I know, you must get the old one out to find which one it is, then off to Mr.DIY with 10 bht in your pocket..... ????

I did better than that. The IT dept at work had one (Free)

• Like 1

My car is almost 20 years old and i never had to change battery in keys.

However last year i was replacing my car battery and the shop was talking about electronics on battery. They wanted to read out battery log. OK didnt know.

But as my car is almost 20 yo, it doesn have that.  I had trouble with every time empty battery. I do know why now, by myself, but ok thats another story.

It's probably a new piece of electronics in newer cars for watching the car battery. and even keeping logs about condition of it. How old is your car? Does it have such electronics to watch the battery and collecting logs?

So your battery is dying or it is not or proper charging anymore. 

With UID I came also upon Unique Identifier.

My truck is only 4 years old. It has keyless entry and push button start. The problem was the small battery in the key fob. The main car battery is fine. I replaced the small battery in the key fob and everything is working now but thanks for your input.