Suvarnabhumi Airport about to implement a faster passenger departure system

webfact

On 8/29/2022 at 8:26 AM, richard_smith237 said:

The reason we do so is that its simpler and quicker. 

I never see anyone taking a long time to get money out their pocket to pay whereas I often see people faffing about with their phones at check outs, Makro / 7-11's being the worst of them in my experience, sometimes Amazon too.

Signing up for all these loyalty cards and faffing about with membership or phone numbers is also a pet hate of mine. Complete waste of time.

5 hours ago, PJ71 said:

I never see anyone taking a long time to get money out their pocket to pay whereas I often see people faffing about with their phones at check outs, Makro / 7-11's being the worst of them in my experience, sometimes Amazon too.

Signing up for all these loyalty cards and faffing about with membership or phone numbers is also a pet hate of mine. Complete waste of time.

5 hours ago, PJ71 said:

Agree 100%

On 8/29/2022 at 12:56 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Paying with the QR code at Makro is faster than paying with cash and waiting for change - unless of course you are a boomer, need your reading specks, didn’t have your phone ready etc, in which case you are the same sort of person who never has their wallet ready either. 

Boomers will find a way to complain about development and fail to recognise the improvement through the fog of their own bias. 

Departing through Suvarnabumi airport is a relative pleasure compared to the UK airports, arrival even more so.

The news presented in the article is confusing... its just a boarding pass scan to make sure those entering the secure area (through security into the Immigration queue) are supposed to be there. 

It’s an extra check point and one they have at most airports. In Thailand it was a always a person, now its a boarding pass and passport scanner - I’ve no idea why its even necessary when Immigration are going to check the Passport / Boarding pass anyway.

The slower ones are probably not paying via QR code, but acquiring points with them QR codes, such as the 50/50 schemes and whatnot, which is a more involved process and can apply to only certain products purchased etc - I usually have a stack of cash, but prefer to pay via QR code paying for gas on most (if not any) gas stations, via my banking app, or restaurants or Makro or Big C supercenters - tho with Big C I'll usually ring up my card, as it seems faster to get the receipt than via phone and scan this scan that.

I also pay my electricity from PEA, and 3BB internet, over generated QR codes at the same time I pay my rent, instead of hauling my ass to nearest 7/11, pay all my dues at same time (well except the water bill that comes handwritten to my mailbox). And now that recapping, I paid my last car service via PromptPay QR code as well, in seconds, instead of hunting the nearest ATM as the bill was a bit larger I envisioned.

Edited by jabis
more details

On 8/28/2022 at 4:52 PM, Photoguy21 said:

Be nice if the arrivals could be speeded up. I have waited as long as 1 1/2 hours to get to the IO desk which after a 12 hour flight is very tiring.

Lucky you.  On one occasion it took us nearly 2 1/2 hours.  Security had to intervene when people  (Chinese and Indians) began cutting in.  This was at 2:00 am.