Sewer and flooding problems

Dljohnt

I live in what seems to be a private part of a village. The municipal doesn't really help and the villagers take for granted that the sewers don't drain the water after a storm. Othe villagers even add water to the mud pool by dumping there waste water from there laundry machines.

I live near San Sai does anyone know or have experience with a company who can drain and clean the sewage system in our street?

Do you live in a private housing estate or a public housing area?  If a private housing estate there are monthly fees for security and road cleaning and maintenance paid by you or your landlord .  You should know who owns the street before you mess with it and you should talk with them.

• Like 1

You've got a sewer system in a village? That's a first.

1 hour ago, Dljohnt said:

Othe villagers even add water to the mud pool by dumping there waste water from there laundry machines.

Waste water from washing machines is known as grey water and is considered safe to be allowed to soak away into the soil. In your local area there must be sewer tankers that randomly come around touting for work. Are you new to Thailand?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

In your local area there must be sewer tankers that randomly come around touting for work.

They pump septic tanks.  The op's problem is poor street drainage after a storm, not a full septic tank.

In many parts of the city (and the country), the buried "sewers" can not handle the volume of water during heavy rains, specially when they drain into a common klong that has many sewers emptying into it.  And the sewers may not be buried that deeply so when they don't drain correctly (i.e., quickly) water backs up and comes out the gutter drains.   Some or all of a housing development's sewers may drain into a klong right outside their property drain, and we have all seen klongs overgrown with whatever.   And all the development over the years has severely restricted ground water run off.

Yes, ask the development's office for relief or go to the Tessaban and see what avenues are open there.

12 minutes ago, cnx1204 said:

ask the development's office for relief or go to the Tessaban and see what avenues are open there.

The OP has already stated that they don't help.

6 hours ago, Dljohnt said:

The municipal doesn't really help

13 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

The OP has already stated that they don't help.

No he said the municipality did not help, there has been no mention of him contacting the development's office.  If there is a development office or home owner's association that would be the reason the municipality would not help. 

16 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

No it isn't just storm water or gray water he wants clearing. he wants a company that clears sewerage as well. Read the post again.

I have read it again and suggest you do so also.  He mentions sewage system but not sewage, he is using the wrong name,  it seems neither you nor he understand that water drainage and toilet sewage are not processed in the same systems here like they often are "back home".  Here toilet sewage is processed in septic tanks at the home site, it is not moved through the water drainage systems on the streets.

42 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

Here toilet sewage is processed in septic tanks at the home site, it is not moved through the water drainage systems on the streets.

That may be what is supposed to happen but it is often not so in practice!

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, novacova said:

coming here and putting others down. 

Okay so here nobody should be put down.  Posts with incorrect facts, poor judgment, suggesting illegal, unreasonable or unsafe behavior should be left alone and not challenged because the poster should not be put down.  

• 3 months later...

Thanks for the reactions.

I was talking about the rain water sewage in the streets, it seems some of the houses have their gray water also connected to that. I live in a area that was private and the owner doesn't take care of it due to old age and illness. They claim the plan is handed over to the tessaban and the tessaban says it isn't, we finally sorted out this problem. Yet at this moment we still we don't know where the sewer pipes lead too but it's now a problem for the tessaban.

I wasn't talking about the sewer from our toilets, I live 11 years here and in 2 different houses, I know very well the septic tank system, thanks.

After clearing al the dirt and debris around the put holes I had come to the idea of the honey suckers myself. Later in the afternoon one took up the job and cleaned out the system in my street. 

Water from a laundry is suposed gray water yes but did you look what it does if it's standing still in the blistering sun? Algue will form and mosqitoes do like the place and I'm not talking about the smell yet.