Full English tips....

RickG16

Currently in town and keen to enjoy some good English grub while I'm here. Today I went to Nicky's guesthouse for breakfast.... for the price it was excellent....

However it would be great to find somewhere that does tinned tomatoes, and have good bacon. Does anyone have any recommendations for a Full English that ticks these boxes? Preferably in the soi 2 area but not essential...

Cheers

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, topt said:

OK, sorry forgot to ask what was wrong with the bacon at Nicky's - are you looking for streaky or back?

Didn't say there was anything wrong with the bacon. I said it was an excellent breakfast for the price.

I prefer back

1 hour ago, overherebc said:

Got used to tinned tomatoes with breakfast in the army, I enjoy both tinned and fresh. Prefer if not too much juice with them though.

I sometimes fine chop my tomato then microwave it for 30 second. Result is a cross between a fresh tomato and a tinned one.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, billaaa777 said:

Hungry Hippo, right down the street from Nicky's has excellent bacon. That is if you like thick bacon that is fully cooked.

but not tinned tomatoes which is what he's obsessed with.

Nicky's 99 baht breakfast is good, has a fresh tomatoes, although Saturday different cook i reckon as wasn't as good, bread disappointing 

Edited by scubascuba3

10 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

but not tinned tomatoes which is what he's obsessed with.

Nicky's 99 baht breakfast is good, has a fresh tomatoes, although Saturday different cook i reckon as wasn't as good, bread disappointing 

Fully obsessed!

Unfortunately I couldn't find any.

46 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Fully obsessed!

Unfortunately I couldn't find any.

If you go to Robin Hood Tavern, at the Avenue Mall on 2nd Rd, you can have tinned or fresh tomatoes. They have a tick menu so you can build your own brekkie. It is quite expensive but is of a decent quality.

The black pudding tasted like the Bury variety, not to my taste really. The fresh mushrooms turned out to be tinned, so best avoided. Bacon and sausage were first class.

Expect to pay around 400 Baht, more or less, depending on your appetite.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, champers said:

If you go to Robin Hood Tavern, at the Avenue Mall on 2nd Rd, you can have tinned or fresh tomatoes. They have a tick menu so you can build your own brekkie. It is quite expensive but is of a decent quality.

The black pudding tasted like the Bury variety, not to my taste really. The fresh mushrooms turned out to be tinned, so best avoided. Bacon and sausage were first class.

Already left mate was just there couple of days. Intended to give you a shout but had already been on the sauce in Koh Chang for 4 days and wasn't really with it! 

36 minutes ago, champers said:

Black pudding here tends to be hit and miss. One of the best, for me anyway is stornoway black pudding.  ( ???? I know it's too far to go in the morning ) It doesn't have great lumps of fat or bits of hard barley in it.

Wish someone would import it to here.

35 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Already left mate was just there couple of days. Intended to give you a shout but had already been on the sauce in Koh Chang for 4 days and wasn't really with it! 

No problem, I should have posted sooner about brekkie. 

All the best.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Black pudding here tends to be hit and miss. One of the best, for me anyway is stornoway black pudding.  ( ???? I know it's too far to go in the morning ) It doesn't have great lumps of fat or bits of hard barley in it.

Wish someone would import it to here.

The best I have had here is at Nicky's. I thought they had given me 2 pieces but it was one very thick piece. I guess it was deep fried but, by heck, it was good.

• Like 1