Daihatsu Mira minicar

jayceenik

We have a car and a couple motocys but now the wife has set her mind getting a Daihatsu Mira.

She has been looking pn the net for second hand Mira. They all are second car since production ceased some years ago.

Anybody has anything to say about the Mira?

They're still putting out different versions of, but not in Thailand.  Guessing not for long highway drive, so why not consider one of the 2 EVs, though a bit pricey for the specs, when for another 100k, a Neta V may be available soon; 

https://www.autofun.co.th/news/เทียบสเปคกันชัด-ๆ-pocco-mm-vs-wuling-mini-ev-เจ้าจิ๋วคันไหนครองใจคุณ-37641

13 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

They're still putting out different versions of, but not in Thailand.  Guessing not for long highway drive, so why not consider one of the 2 EVs, though a bit pricey for the specs, when for another 100k, a Neta V may be available soon; 

https://www.autofun.co.th/news/เทียบสเปคกันชัด-ๆ-pocco-mm-vs-wuling-mini-ev-เจ้าจิ๋วคันไหนครองใจคุณ-37641

Maybe because she doesn't want an more expensive, not yet available EV?

Wifey wanted a Mira a while ago but was put off by the stupid amount of money most people wanted even for a heap of junk. Good ones are few and far between and go for much more than they're worth imho. 250k and even higher is often asked for and 100k for said junk.

We gave up looking and are in the market for an ev.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Photoguy21 said:
2 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

My comment was a question, not a statement. 

Really? Wow. I dont know about a Turbo you should fit a sense of humour it would be a worthy addition.

If you made a humourous comment it would be a worthy addition and then I'd be able to exercise my sense of humour.

6 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

If you made a humourous comment it would be a worthy addition and then I'd be able to exercise my sense of humour.

That would be true except for one thing, you would first need to get a sense of humour. Are you really from Liverpool because you dont have the sense of humour that any scouser would normally have?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, edwinchester said:

Wifey wanted a Mira a while ago but was put off by the stupid amount of money most people wanted even for a heap of junk. Good ones are few and far between and go for much more than they're worth imho. 250k and even higher is often asked for and 100k for said junk.

We gave up looking and are in the market for an ev.

Yes. She found one on the Net in very good shape in Pitsanulok for 250k.

Just making up her mind before going there to check it and maybe buy it.

She has a car but finds it more convenient to zip around the village on her motocy.

The Mira would protect her from sun and rain.

And it will be a new toy!

No way I could fit in myself!

And, Yes I think it's crazy money. ????

Thanks also to all who posted replies.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jayceenik said:

You really need to look at the Suzuki Celerio, as for 78k baht more, you get a brand new car with a warranty. 

No need to replace the brakes, tires, belts/hoses, alternator/generator, battery, oil, clutch or tune up anytime soon.  For good or bad, has the new car smell & un-farted on seat, that still has some cushion let to it.  Along with the AC working for years on.

Even pick one up used if not wanting to spend the extra baht.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Photoguy21 said:

That would be true except for one thing, you would first need to get a sense of humour. Are you really from Liverpool because you dont have the sense of humour that any scouser would normally have?

Ouch !! ???? Very true what you say about scousers though, I've had loads of scouse mates (army) all had a brilliant sense of humour. ???? 

3 hours ago, jayceenik said:

Just making up her mind before going there to check it and maybe buy it.

She has a car but finds it more convenient to zip around the village on her motocy.

The Mira would protect her from sun and rain.

And it will be a new toy!

No way I could fit in myself!

And, Yes I think it's crazy money. ????

Thanks also to all who posted replies.

Consider the availablilty of spare parts also. There are plenty of ecocars for around 250K on the market. 

22 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

But she wants a Mira. Unless she has never enquired about a Celerio?

It has something to do with when she was a very young  impoverished Isaan village girl.

She saw a Mira one day and thought how happy she would be to have one like that.

Now she can.

So, it's more like a sentimental buy for her. Not really a practical one. 

• Like 1