Honda CT125 Trail

NickyLouie

Anyone a few month into owning the new model?

If so you would consider it a solid purchase or just a novelty bike for the weekends?

Looking for a daily runner coming from a Wave 125i which has been bulletproof 

except for the high kilometers the clock now has on it.

Any insight appreciated. 

Color_Section_CT125_brown.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, skatewash said:

Paddy Doyle just got one and will be taking it on the road from Bangkok to Chiang Mai soon.  He seems to be excited about it.  He road a Honda Wave to all 77 provinces in Thailand.

Could care less about that Dork.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It basically is a Honda Wave, same engine etc. I think the deciding factor regarding which bike to choose is: Do you only ride alone, or do you plan taking passengers?

On a Wave you can take a passenger and still have the under seat storage, you can even install a rack and put a top box in addition to it.

With the CT125 you can't properly take a passenger with you, and if you install a box on the back there is not even space.

If you only ride alone anyway, then the CT125 offers some advantages compared to a Wave:

Higher ground clearance, can ride through deeper floods (this does of course depend on where you live/ride, for some people it might not matter).

Easier to carry lots of stuff, and the weight distribution is better (weight not so far back)

I think the CT125 looks quite cool, but that's of course just a matter of taste.

• Like 1