Sued By Garage For Insurance Company Non Paymet For Repair

Frosty

A few days a go a letter came in the mail that from a lawyer hired by the garage that repaired my truck ,after an accident. At the time I had insurance but the company never paid the bill. The company is still in business in Pattaya and BKK ,taking peoples money. So far we have found one other woman w/ the same problem. If you have had the same trouble please contact me at 089127348 .We intend to contact the garage offer half payment,as we both loose,and not our fault. And ask him to join us with the police to bring charges against this rip-off insurance company.

Sorry! I didn't know the name at the time of the post,but my says it's TANASIN. Their office in Pattaya in on the north side of Center Pattaya Rd. across from the Red Lobster. If anyone has used this company be forewarned .I sold the Ford truck, that was repaired, a yr ago May (w/the remaining insurance) ,over a yr ago, so they can still come back and haunt you!!! We know of one other Thai lady who is getting sued for 2000b ,they are suing me for 15,000b. if any one else is being sued or is using this company please call me 089127348 ,we want to put and end to them doing business or pay their bills!

Sorry! I didn't know the name at the time of the post,but my says it's TANASIN. Their office in Pattaya in on the north side of Center Pattaya Rd. across from the Red Lobster. If anyone has used this company be forewarned .I sold the Ford truck, that was repaired, a yr ago May (w/the remaining insurance) ,over a yr ago, so they can still come back and haunt you!!! We know of one other Thai lady who is getting sued for 2000b ,they are suing me for 15,000b. if any one else is being sued or is using this company please call me 089127348 ,we want to put and end to them doing business or pay their bills!

2000b --- WOW that is $60. How can you sue for 2000b

Better hire a lawyer

Usually the garage has a contract / agreement with the insurance company. Also before even starting a repair under insurance, approval from the insurance company is obtained about WHAT to fix and for what budget. If then payment isn't forthcoming then they have to go bang on their door, not yours. You never entered into any agreement with the repair shop so they can't claim money from you.

I would not pay half; Use part of that money to get a lawyer to write a letter explaining the above. Chances are that when they find out you're not going to roll over they'll drop it. They will know they'll make more money just sticking to repairing cars rather than pursue a very iffy legal case for months and months.

If on the other hand the situation is different, i.e. you went to the garage thinking the insurance would somehow pay for it without prior authorization then it would be your agreement with the repair shop and then you should pay. Doesn't sound like a likely scenario but this is Thailand; Farangs suddenly do weird things here they'd never think of back home so just in case I submit this scenario. :o

Edited by chanchao

You, a farang, are being sued in Thailand where you do not have any house registration document in which your name is listed.

Do not accept any registered letters to your address from them and when and if the court officials come to your house refuse to accept any document "Mai Sarn". In a civil case farangs are in a better position that a Thai due to a lack of certified address in a Thai House registration

Ignore the civil sue attempt as they cannot sue you in court unless you accept the court order and it will go away.

Badbanker

I have found out that ,yes I am not responsible for the dept ! As one poster said, the repair was made with an agreement between the insurance co. And the garage would not let me take the repaired truck if it was not paid for or I had not made some payment plan w/ them. If it went to court it would be a loss for the garage.

My other problem is that I have a work permit coming up in July and my lawyer says I should pay it so I don't get refused or some thing else that would slow down or stop me getting a permit. I feel he is wrong and I want to do things differently.

I know and like the garage owner. On the many times I have taken my truck to him we have talked and I find him to be a nice person. I understand his tiring to recoup some of his losses. My plan now is to go see the owner and tell him the futility of him suing me . hopefully he will understand and help. If I can get names and numbers of others cheated by the insurance,that he has , we could all go to the police and have the police accompany us to the Insurance office. I also would like the help and support of Pattaya People newspaper and will write and call them.

Thanks for everyone's replies! I still need anyone who has been cheated by this company to contact me at 089127348. Let's go get these guys!

It's not worth to go against the insurance company. they have more money and better lawyers than you. I had the same problem in the year 2001. some guy wrecked my parked car on my private property. He just jumpt (Highspeed) of the road, directly in my car and two others. total damage was arround 300'000 Baht My car was total wrecked. The insurance offered to pay 30'000 Baht for all. we never got payd. It's normaly overhere. Therefore the best thing is: Drive a Junk! Never got any problem again since i drive a Junk.

It's not worth to go against the insurance company. they have more money and better lawyers than you. I had the same problem in the year 2001. some guy wrecked my parked car on my private property. He just jumpt (Highspeed) of the road, directly in my car and two others. total damage was arround 300'000 Baht My car was total wrecked. The insurance offered to pay 30'000 Baht for all. we never got payd. It's normaly overhere. Therefore the best thing is: Drive a Junk! Never got any problem again since i drive a Junk.

This company has no money or they would pay their bills! They were headed by one of Toxin's boys . He put the bond money up for starting the company and then withdrew the dough when the company was licensed. I was told that last Thursday was the final day for them to pay or quit. Wed. the office on Pattaya center Rd. had already changed it's name. Another rip off in the LOS! They were selling insurance up until last wk. I don't know how many people are insured with them or how many know what's going on,but I can bet there are a lot of people driving around thinking they are covered and protected and they are not!!!